Pay and display machine in Hillsborough Park

Yes, that would be, in a very literal sense, fare.

it would also be utterly daft, and not at all a fair comparison to a small parking charge. That's the thing about cuts - half of the mealy mouthed small 'c' conservatives are delighted witht he idea of cuts to spending - but they hate it when it affects something they like.

the parks dept has had its budget cut, so they need either new revenue or to make staff redundant and remove services. i'd sooner pay 40p to park on our occasional visits to graves park than lose the loveley childrens play park, or see it strewn with litter.

as far as Hillsborough park, it cant be more than a 10 minute walk, even with kids, from nearly every part of Hillsborough. the car park was under utilised from what i could see, and probably cost a fair bit to keep maintained. now it might be pulling its weight.

have you moaned about the 20p for a wee in the bus interchange yet?

Well said. Considering this post by Fox about the money spent on Rivelin Valley Pools it puts the whole moaning into perspective of how petty it is:

Not quite so bad

The padding pools at Rivelin Valley Park are currently closed for refurbishment. Work is under way to convert the paddling pool area into a Splash Pad, with brightly coloured areas of water jets and interactive water play features.

The new area will be a more accessible and inclusive play area. Work has been funded by the Government's Aiming High for Disabled Children programme, which aims to improve services for disabled children and their families, and give them greater opportunities

The new Splash Pad is due to open in early August for families to enjoy. Three of the four pools will be filled in and covered with a colourful, non-slip surface area. A range of equipment will be installed, including water play tables, water jets and sprays.

I've not been watching it, but I'd be curious to find out if the new permit / pay & display system around Hillsborough led to that car park being used more during the day by those displaced from parking on the streets during their working day.

These things tend to be very popular. They're springing up all over the place. So hopefully they will be. Better than concreted over paddling pools, anyway.

Surely the requirement should be better than a paddling pool, since the concreting was done to install it...

It's only 100 yards from a perfectly good set of play things as it stands.

How on earth has this thread turn into a disabled bashing thread, shame on you!!! why on earth would you have a pop at those less fortunate than yourselves? :rant:

Can you even imagine having to pre plan trips out with your toddler because there is lots you cant physically manage? for gods sake where's is your emapthy?

So all disabled people are incapable of walking?

Rubbish.

Absolute tosh.

Not all disabiled people get a badge.

And the ones who fiddle the system.

You know the ones who pretend to be disabled in order to get things like a car, a blue badge and free parking.

Have you ever seen a DLA for and the amount of medical evidence that is required? its THE hardestest benefit to fiddle, and the least fiddled benefit there is because of this.

I know one man whos fiddling the system as we speak.

He pretends hes got a back injury, hes managed to con a few doctors and bobs your uncle hes got a blue badge, a free bus pass, a car, thousands of £'s and he also claims for anything extra he can.

Hes a scum bag and a thief and i bet hes not the only one to be fiddling it.

So grass him up, its hardly rocket science is it? :|

More discrimination against the able bodied.

Seems to be quite fashionable now days.

Discrimation?? dont make me laugh! do you even know what the word means?

Disabled people get free parking (in some car parks NOT ALL) because they either cant walk, cant walk very well, or for mental health reasons, the able bodied CAN and therefore have a CHOICE!

Archived