Dertour Olympic tickets

Bought 4 pairs of olympic tickets from the German retailer Dertour but now unfortunately my hub and I cannot go.I know I cannot resell them via the UK site but cannot find any info if I can send them back to Dertour or not.

Even if I could resell them via the UK legal site I would be down around £200 as this is face value.Seems unfair.

Anyone else sent tickets back to Dertour?

The purchase was illegal so I don't imagine that they are going to be too happy to issue you with a refund. Have you approached the retailer? That would really need to be your first step as reselling the tickets is definitely illegal.

If the retailer is picked up selling tickets abroad then the tickets will be null and void anyway.

Buying from german sites was suggested by some of the media because I remember thinking if I was at all bothered that was definitely what I would have done rather than go through our typically shambolic lottery system. Why would it have been illegal?

Buying from german sites was suggested by some of the media because I remember thinking if I was at all bothered that was definitely what I would have done rather than go through our typically shambolic lottery system. Why would it have been illegal?

There may be rules in place that say you can only buy tickets from your own country's vendor. I do not know if that is the case; it wouldn't really surprise me if it is.

There may be rules in place that say you can only buy tickets from your own country's vendor. I do not know if that is the case; it wouldn't really surprise me if it is.

It appears the tickets from abroad are entirely legal.

Quote: "The tickets available abroad are entirely legitimate, having been passed to authorised resellers by more than 200 Olympic committees around the world.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1724303/Britons-buy-Olympics-tickets-on-foreign-sites.html#ixzz1zkr3Vfqi

There's also this QA article which makes reference to reselling. You 'can' sell them for face value to 'friends' (whatever that means) and family at face value.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12181583

Archived