Dertour Olympic tickets

Buying from german sites was suggested by some of the media because I remember thinking if I was at all bothered that was definitely what I would have done rather than go through our typically shambolic lottery system. Why would it have been illegal?

Then why was it reported by the BBC a couple of weeks ago that there were agents in foreign countries who were prepared to sell tickets to England even though they knew that they were only supposed to sell them to people who lived within their own country?

So 'friends' could be someone on here even?

Surely friends are not just people you see face to face these days in this age of the internet?

Theoretically, a 'friend' could be anyone that you are acqauinted with!..Theoretically!

Then why was it reported by the BBC a couple of weeks ago that there were agents in foreign countries who were prepared to sell tickets to England even though they knew that they were only supposed to sell them to people who lived within their own country?

Hmmm...I have no idea!

But isn't it logical that 'some' tickets sold, the buyer for one reason or another won't be able to attend (as in the OP question). There 'has' to be an outlet to enable them to at least get their money back!

• 2 weeks later...
..... There 'has' to be an outlet to enable them to at least get their money back!

No. There doesn't.

The regulations prevent commercial reselling i.e. "touts".

There is nothing to stop the OP selling on the only tickets that they purchased for no profit.

Archived