2nd Batallion the Yorkshire Regiment to go!

It seems the defence cuts will mean the Yorkshire Regiment is to disappear!

Quote: In a statement to the House of Commons, Hammond said five battalions would disappear in the reorganisation – the 5th Battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland, 2nd Battalion the Royal Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion the Yorkshire regiment, 3dr Battalion the Mercian Regiment and the 2nd Battalion the Royal Welsh

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/05/army-lose-17-units-cuts?newsfeed=true

Bugger!

It seems the defence cuts will mean the Yorkshire Regiment is to disappear!

Quote: In a statement to the House of Commons, Hammond said five battalions would disappear in the reorganisation – the 5th Battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland, 2nd Battalion the Royal Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion the Yorkshire regiment, 3dr Battalion the Mercian Regiment and the 2nd Battalion the Royal Welsh

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/05/army-lose-17-units-cuts?newsfeed=true

Bugger!

No Rifles? cool.

Politicians have been watching hours of sharpe reruns on ukgold. This is how they make most decisions.

More like they watch Jeremy Kyle, cos they think the general public are fairly represented in that show! :rant::suspect:

Am I mistaken, or didn't most of the regions represented by/associated with that list, vote generally against the ConLib majority?

...seems fair if that's the case :twisted::D

Maybe it's like with libraries and frontline public services that are being cut harder in labour areas because labour choose to to make the government seem much worse.

Am I mistaken, or didn't most of the regions represented by/associated with that list, vote generally against the ConLib majority?

...seems fair if that's the case :twisted::D

You may be right! But I'm sure it's purely coincidental! :suspect:

I guess the military have to take their share of cuts as much as everyone else.

Be that as it may, but the nett result will be that more reliance will be placed on TA soldiers being on the front line in places like Afghanistan (they already are actually), and I don't agree with sending part timers to war.

I know that 'allegedly' they are trained to the same rigorous standards as full time soldiers, but I really don't see how that is possible. Part time, is part time. Full time is full time!

Archived