Personal travel insurance Europe trip 90+ days

I'm planning a 6-7 month trip around Europe in a few weeks and need some insurance that covers trips for 90+ days for myself and the OH. I've had a couple of quotes already. but thought i'd try the knowledge that is SF before committing.

Anyone have any recommendations of companies worth trying?

Thanks

Do I take it you refer to the NHIC card? that's why I asked if any pre existing conditions. If you have any that on its own is not sufficient I'm afraid, oh & I do know.

Would someone with pre existing conditions that need regular treatments be off travelling around Europe?

Hi,

thanks for responses, we're both mid to late 30s, no previous medical conditions. We've both got EHIC cards already so are sort of covered. But we want something that is a bit more comprehensive and covers repatriation, full medical expenses etc etc basically all the gaps that the EHIC doesn't cover.

thanks again

Would someone with pre existing conditions that need regular treatments be off travelling around Europe?

Why wouldn't they?

'Pre-existing conditions' does not necessarily mean 'needs 24 hour a day medical care.'

I'm sure that many insurance companies could be quite imaginative when they decide what constitutes a 'pre-existing condition.'

Put it this way I'd love to be able to if I could afford it, just because I have pre existing conditions, I'd stock up on my tablets & get good medical insurance.

Up to this year when; my health has deteriorated further, I could normally go away for 2 weeks for about £400.00 insurance.

I got some quotes the other week; out of curiosity, for a week in Turkey in September. I put in my conditions &, for one week the cheapest was £700.00, and the dearest £2,000.00. So unless I win the lottery we'll never go abroad again.

travel insurance is one area where the prices of the premiums increased massively in very short order, following the 2008 financial crisis. If I'd have got a policy the week before Lehman brothers collapsed, rather than a week after, I'd have shelled about £70 less.

I've found this lot are pretty good

Direct Travel Insurance

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/single-trip-travel-insurance

but never had to make a claim, so can't tell you how good they are when it comes to paying out.

Archived