New mod night for Sheffield - the Pow Wow Club

Modculture

Hiya,

We do hope and expect it to be a busy night, but we're not selling tickets in advance. We're doing cheap entry early doors though - just £3 to get in if you can make it before 10.

Or if you want to come a little later, you can sign up to the free online membership, which gets you in for £4 whenever you turn up.

Membership details here

Not long to go now - I'm quite excited. It could all go horribly wrong and no-one turn up - I hope not!!!!!

Well...just one day to go before this (it's tomorrow!)

Details of the night are at:

The Pow Wow Club website

and details should also be in tonight's Telegraph.

Please come along and support us - we'll probably lose money on the night, but that's not the point - we just want to put on a great night in Sheffield with top music and above all, a friendly atmosphere. No dress code, no snobbery and no overplayed wedding music! :hihi:

Look forward to seeing you,

Dave

Originally posted by Modculture

Hi,

Just bringing this night to your attention, as it's going to fan-tast-ic!

The fine people of Sheffield, in conjunction with Modculture, introduce a new regular top-notch mod night for 2006:

The Pow Wow Club

Saturday 21st January 2006

DNR LIVE (Formerly 'Under The Boardwalk'), Snig Hill, Sheffield S3 8NA

9pm 'til 2am

Admission: £3 before 10pm, £4 members & NUS, £5 on the door.

DJs 'Legendary' Andy Lewis (Blow Up, Acid Jazz Records) Graham Wright (Moke)

Residents: Mike Parry & Gav Arno (Brighton Beach)

Daytime session at the famous Washington pub in Sheffield town centre - DJs, mod 'bring and buy' sale and general friendly place to show your face.

Yorkshire's only proper Mod club, tackling the lost art of combining fun and top quality, rare mod tunes at the same place!

Extra cool & rare premier across the board 60s mod music of the very highest quality - the best R&B, club soul and boogaloo with top mod-jazz, blue-eyed soul, ska, garage & odd bits when appropriate.

Featuring the world's best, most progressive and interesting mod DJs (records not personalities!).

All day and all night sessions!

Entry from just £3!!

Look out for FREE downloadable podcast of great Pow Wow music available to all POW WOW members soon!

Thanks,

Dave W

me and the missis are defo commin......some nice mod tunes eh,nowt finer:thumbsup:

So who went? What was it like? Is it anything like Brighton beach used to be when it was at the City Hall?

I was going to come down but had to go to a friend's family party.

I love anything Mod but the mate who i go down town with is a tolerator of it really so will she be really bored or is there some mainstreamish stuff as well?

When is the next one? Can I ask any more questions?!!!

Well, it was rammed - club and dancefloor, the club finished at 2, we moved the club onto another venue and it continued until 6am! :o

Thanks to all who came - but a special thanks to Jarvis Cocker for turning up and paying the full entry fee - that's proper celebrity for you!

We're now all off for 2 months sleep, but will wake up in time for the next one in March, where our guest DJs are Mikey and Paul from Glasgow's (in)famous Friday Street club. Expect no sleep at all that weekend with another marathon event.

I'll have some photos on the modculture site of everyone (including Jarvis) by Monday morning.

PS - as for Brighton Beach, all the BB residents DJ'd at some point during the night!

All the best,

Dave

That looks ace!

Looks a good mix of people in mod get up, and people who are there just cos they like the music, but not garbed up.

Nice one.

I spotted one guy there who gets mistaken for Jarvis quite a bit in Sheffield..... but alas, the real Jarv was there.

So then, when you strutting this night out again?

Archived