Speed awareness courses

What did you learn that you didn't know as a matter of interest?

I have never been on a course, but Mrs. Jeremy has been on plenty!

just a few odds and sods that you forget from when i passed test, like how to recognise speed limits when there are no signs, 30 is easy with lampposts but dual carriageways and national speed limit roads can change.

stopping distances and reactions are still the same as in 1968 even though we think we can stop quicker with advanced vehicles. all in all it was ok

---------- Post added 20-09-2016 at 15:11 ----------

I did one in February and was not initially offered this facility till I asked.It really is a box standard teaching on what to watch for and when to watch for it.It just gets you to try and remember the basics.It will never stop you from having a momentary lapse in concentration that we all have.There were some there though that did not embrace the reason behind it and thought it a real hinderance to their day,and seeing it was their second time there just did not think that there was anything to learn.

i thought you were only ever offered the course once?

---------- Post added 20-09-2016 at 15:12 ----------

Are you supposed to tell insurance if you've been on one ?

not unless asked the trainer said and even then it was only admiral and sheilas wheels that do allegedly :suspect:

pmurtdlanod1;

i thought you were only ever offered the course once?

The chap taking the course did say that if anyone on the course was caught speeding within a three year period then the there would be no offer of another course.You have probably guessed that there were repeat offenders.It was easy to see that they would continue to drive above the speed limit no matter what.