Speed awareness courses

Guest sibon
Some fat, sanctimonious, ex-copper preaching to you that if you do 32mph in a 30 limit, civilisation as we know it will cease to exist.

Go there, and go through the motions, at least you'll save getting 3 points on your license.

you can expect untruths and bull.

It makes me laugh that you get some say they benefitted from the course.How can you benefit from lies?

They are not interested in driver training,just your money.

That wasn't my experience. I found it informative and pretty thought provoking. Mind you, I do have an open mind and I don't believe that I know it all. That might have made a difference.

Keeping my clean licence was good too, both psychologically and for avoiding the faff of informing every insurer that I would contact in the following three years.

I'd do the course in preference to the points any day.

I did the course mainly because it's all too easy to pick up points nowadays,and since its over 40 years since I got my license I did find it informative and useful.

I agree that it is all too easy to pick up points nowadays. Such is the nature of taxation.:roll:

Taxation would apply to everyone, not just to people who break the law.

Not speeding is no harder today than it has ever been.

More are caught however as it is very profitable.:roll:

One camera getting more that half a million quid in a year!

All the nasty lawbreakers hey!:rant:

Interesting how all the people who've been caught and turned down the speed awareness course are saying the course is a waste of time and it's all a big conspiracy to improve the Government's coffers and there's no chance of learning anything, and everything said is a lie, while the people who have been on the course say it's a worthwhile experience and that they learnt something.

Just saying...