Speed awareness courses

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

If you get your foot down, you can get to the one in Birmingham in an hour 😯

Heh.

I think a friend of mine once drove down to Dorset (from Sheffield) for one. I believe he was caught speeding down there, and didn't have he option to take the course locally. Not sure how long ago this was.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I was told the course is boring and goes on for hours and people fall asleep. I haver been on the course because I dont speed. :roll:

4 hrs of purgatory.. its a punishment for speeding.

Correction. 

It’s a training course.  Approach it with an open mind and you might learn something from it (“every day is a school day”).

Approach it with a closed mind and you will learn nothing - that’s fine if you reckon you are the world’s perfect driver and a know-it-all. 

Approach it with the attitude of a recalcitrant stroppy teenager, child-like and feign sleep (for example) ... and it’s a short road to get thrown off the course and get referred back to the Police (and you’ve paid for a course but you’ve still got the fine and points on your licence).  Your choice. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, hilp4 said:

Does anyone know where speed awareness course is held in Sheffield.

Varies, mine was in a Hotel/Travelodge near Jct33 M1... my OH had to go to Rotherham (at the football standium).

These were the closest at the time to satisfy the requirements of taking the course to avoid penalty ('cos you have to do the course within a certain timescale).

Edited by Magilla