Speed awareness courses

Fines don't get my back up with the police.

Lets swap the fines then for an instant ban shall we? No reason for complaints about stealth tax then. The ban could be on a sliding scale. Your issue seems to be about percieved stealth tax, so this'd solve that problem...

So would the existing points system if applied correctly. If we instantly banned everyone who speeded there would be nobody on the roads. At some time or other, everyone speeds. Except people like you who do not drive and are motivated by the green monster.:mad:

So would the existing points system if applied correctly. If we instantly banned everyone who speeded there would be nobody on the roads. At some time or other, everyone speeds. Except people like you who do not drive and are motivated by the green monster.:mad:

You make many assumptions. I am "people" and I do not object to speeding fines. I'm not talking about bans for people doing 31 mph in a 30 zone...

I've driven many, many hundreds of thousands of miles over many years. I passed my driving test first time, ditto my advanced driving test, and have undertaken several driving courses (non-remedial I hasten to add) in a variety of vehicles since. So you look a bit silly by assuming that people who disagree with you are non-drivers...

You make many assumptions. I am "people" and I do not object to speeding fines. I'm not talking about bans for people doing 31 mph in a 30 zone...

I've driven many, many hundreds of thousands of miles over many years. I passed my driving test first time, ditto my advanced driving test, and have undertaken several driving courses (non-remedial I hasten to add) in a variety of vehicles since. So you look a bit silly by assuming that people who disagree with you are non-drivers...

It is a pity that you had to take so many tests. Your driving must be really bad.:cool:

Mine was up to scratch after just one.

Edited by Defunct

It is a pity that you had to take so many tests. Your driving must be really bad.

Er, no, that does not follow. The subsequent tests could be:

a. for manual car, if original test was on automatic car;

b. HGV;

c. PSV/PCV; or

d. those of another country where requalification of UK drivers is compulsory.

The points system is a more than adequate deterrent without taxes being collected.

Prison should be an option too in very serious cases. Fines do nothing other than collect tax and get peoples backs up with police for extortion.

But who is going to pay for the staff required to process the points?

My original post.

It is a pity that you had to take so many tests. Your driving must be really bad.:cool:

Mine was up to scratch after just one.

I sincerely hope that your driving skills are superior to your reading and comprehension skills. Read my post again. I'm not quite sure why you're so intent on making yourself look silly. Do you think it helps your argument?

Edited by perplexed