No more TB jabs - even though it's on the up?

My friend is a health care proffessional and we were talking anout vaccines (as she's pregnant and how she is determined too get him everything he needs) and somehow got onto the topic of TB and she told me it isnt available anymore, even if you paid to et it private and even though she works in the medical profession she cant get it either. Only children who are more at risk recive it now and at birth as well, another cut back-couldnt believe it myself! still have the scar when i had mine at school cant believe they have stopped this.

I couldn't believe it when the midwife told me my Nan having TB 'isn't close enough family' to allow my baby to have a jab - Not that I'd want her to have one particularly, it bloody kills! But how is someone I have regular contact with. at least once a week not close enough? :|

I know of two people that have TB. Both under the age of 25. I do think it is on the increase. the antibiotics they have to take are pretty strong stuff and make the wee very odd coloured. They are fit young healthy adults who have caught it through other members of the family.

I originally had by TB jab as a baby as I was born in inner city Manchester in the late 70's and it was deemed a high risk area. I had another as a teenager ~(even though my 'lumps' came up, they insisted in giving it me again)

I thought there was plans to bring it back? I know for the last few year teenagers have not had the TB jab.

I had no idea, dont know that much, until I mention something and she passes something onto me bless. I remember it killing me when I was 11 but my mother had it when I was 8, remember that and whether you visit your grandmother or not she is still classed as an immediate family docotors should know that, my grandfather has diabietes and its noted down that I may be *at risk* even though I have a healthy lifestyle! Think a lot of boycotting should be done in my opinion, glad this has been put on tbh as th OP has reminded me to mention it to my brother for my little neice who is only 6 months at the moment x

of cause tb is definately on the increase because of the vast amount of foreiners entering this country are not screaned ive had two sons that contacted t b and it was devastating one had it on his lunge and the other one had it on his spine and he went threw hell also this generation of medics dont know the symptons like the old doctors

I wonder why the TB jab leaves a mark on your arm yet other jabs don't. I was a medic in the army and am also a bllod donor so I've been on both sides of the needle, but I'm still not sure why the TB jab leaves a mark. Time for google I think.

Just had a quick look and I can't find a reliable website giving the information. Most wbsites are views posted on public forums just like this one and there doesn't seem to be an official medical site.

I wonder why the TB jab leaves a mark on your arm yet other jabs don't. I was a medic in the army and am also a bllod donor so I've been on both sides of the needle, but I'm still not sure why the TB jab leaves a mark. Time for google I think.

Because you develop a raised blister at the site of the injection which turns to a

small spot a few weeks later, when the spot eventually heals it may leave a small scar.

Other injections don't give you the same reaction.

Because you develop a raised blister at the site of the injection which turns to a

small spot a few weeks later, when the spot eventually heals it may leave a small scar.

Other injections don't give you the same reaction.

That's what I mean, obviously there's some kind of reaction happening but I'm not sure what it is.

That's what I mean, obviously there's some kind of reaction happening but I'm not sure what it is.

I think that’s because they inject a small amount of the virus just under the skin and it’s your bodies antibodies fighting it off which cause the swelling.

Archived