Do 9 til 5 jobs still exist?

Or are they part of a bye gone era? 9 til 5 were always the working hours of office staff for many years. You worked 9 til 5 and got a paid one hour lunch break and a half day on Friday.

Have times changed?:(

Nope I work 9-5 Monday to Friday

Or are they part of a bye gone era? 9 til 5 were always the working hours of office staff for many years. You worked 9 til 5 and got a paid one hour lunch break and a half day on Friday.

Have times changed?:(

I work 9 to 5, five days a week, and never have to work weekends. Guess I'm just one of the lucky few.

My work hours are flexible, but the principle is 9 to 5. It's a 7.5hr working day or 37.5hr week with the time being put in within reason whenever I like.

More or less the same here. No idea if I get paid for lunch or not as I have no hourly rate. In practise I start at 0930 and work through my lunch as this allows me to miss out a lot of the morning traffic.

jb

Our office hours are 9.00-5.30 with an (unpaid) hour for lunch - finish at 5.00 on Fridays (i.e. a 37 hour week)

Not sure how many work all that time though, what with coffee breaks, fag breaks, toilet trips, and essential computer maintenance (facebook, twitter etc)

Off course they do, my nephew has just started his first job in PC and its 9:00-5:00 and he gets 27k not bad for a first job. There is loads if you got some education behind you and know where to look

I didn't know that there were jobs in Political Correctness.:roll:

Archived