Nights out with dancing for pensioners -help!

magi

Hi

My very lively 80 year old Mum is coming to stay with me in Sheffield in a week's time. She loves dancing (ballroom and jive), meeting new people and debating politics. I'd love to take her out to some places she could do either with people of similar ages. I haven't a clue where to start!

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions!

Thanks!:help:

Still jiving at 80? I'm impressed. There are plenty of Modern Jive venues around Sheffield (it's less high-energy than the classic ballroom jive style, which let's face it can be frantic!) - and the normal evenings have a class for absolute beginners at the start, so you're not excluded! Most modern jivers are in their 30s to 50s, but there are some more "advanced".

Take a look at Blitz (every Wednesday and Thursday at Crookes Social Club) or Ceroc.uk.com (every Tuesday, Davy Club, Prince of Wales Road).

my 70+ year old neighbour is always off to the blitz night at crookes social club, he loves it.

(Its quite sad that a 70+ year old stays out later than me nowadays :( )

So what's stopping you hitching a lift with him and trying it? At the moment Crookes has a deal on (at least for Thursdays - not sure about Weds) - if someone who has danced there before brings a newcomer they get in free. (You'll get a voucher for your second night free.) Go on - help your 'elderly' neighbour save a bit of money.

Archived