£36k+ per year in rent for a market stall, RIP Sheffield market

"A long way"??

As already said there are at least three entrances and exits. Use the nearest. If people cant be arsed walking an extra twenty meters then god help them. You make it sound like every single bus stopped bang outside the main entrance at the old place. More often than not you had to go up or down a hill, the new place is all on the flat.

As for buses driving away that can happen in any location, but I'm sure you knew that. Has nowt to do with the new location.

In the list above, which bus stops "a long way" from the market, then?

Yes, the bus does "NOT STOP" for the new market.

If you really respected the market and bring the customers to it you move these stops right by where these entrances/exits are.

This does just show there is little respect for the new market and council throws all that money at it but they are too lazy to move the bus stops for it.

Maybe you should do some marketing courses, education?

Yes, the bus does "NOT STOP" for the new market.

If you really respected the market and bring the customers to it you move these stops right by where these entrances/exits are.

This does just show there is little respect for the new market and council throws all that money at it but they are too lazy to move the bus stops for it.

Maybe you should do some marketing courses, education?

Maybe you should give me an example of a bus I listed on the last page which you claim doesnt stop for the new market yet it actually stops next to it? Already asked you once.

Or are you being pedantic as it wont stop automatically? You know as well as I do almost every bus stop is a request stop.

One of the entrances is on a pedestrianised section of the Moor, would love to hear your thought about how bus stops could be moved to in front of it. If people arent prepared to walk an extra 50 yards then the authorities cant really account for bone idleness.

Oh, and the Council arent responsible for the placement of bus stops, that would be SYPTE.

Some people on here seem to want the moon on a stick. Are all the bus stops in town outside the main entrance to M&S, or do they require a very short walk to access them, just like with the market?

Edited by Vegas1

SCC aren't fit to run a bath. Everything they do is disaster. A disgrace to the city of Sheffield and to the hundreds of thousands of people who pay exorbitant levels of council tax to keep these useless slugs in their overpaid jobs.

Just who is SCC?

Who do we blame?

Of cause we blame the council.

But who are the council?

Interesting quote from 2010

"The Council would fund and own the new Markets at a cost of up to £18m, while Scottish Widows Investment Partnership would hand over the land to the Council and construct eight new shops fronting the Moor. The long term strategy would also cover completing the upgrading of the Moor which was started in 2010, and a commitment to improve the management and maintenance of the Moor.

The deal could mean a start on site as soon as Autumn 2011, to open at the latest in Autumn 2013.

Sheffield Council Leader Paul Scriven spoke to BBC Radio Sheffield in July 2010 about how the Council can afford to do this in a time when they are making millions of pounds of cuts in other Council services:"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/sheffield/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8868000/8868795.stm

Remember, no matter who you vote for the government/council always get in.

Just in case no one can remember Baron Scriven of Hunters Bar here is another link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-18735215

£3000 a month is £36k per year.

(The big four supermarkets pay nowhere near this amount for such a small amount of space and they have space for free parking too!)

The cost will be passed onto the consumer, the consumer will shop elsewhere where the burden of rent is less.

I for one don't want to be paying vast sums of rent when trying to find a bargain cut of meat and some cheap veg.

RIP Sheffield market. Condolences to the people who used to work there.

0800 055 66 88 is the number you need to ring to make a new claim for dole.

How dare you disagree with our wonderful working class red brothers ,just because they turned this city into a joke! shame on you!

Is it really in the wrong place, the new location is just as easily accessable as the old location be it by car or public transport.

They could put it on the site of the Sheffield airport . They know what they are doing .Their coming to take me away trah lah

Maybe you should give me an example of a bus I listed on the last page which you claim doesnt stop for the new market yet it actually stops next to it? Already asked you once.

Or are you being pedantic as it wont stop automatically? You know as well as I do almost every bus stop is a request stop.

One of the entrances is on a pedestrianised section of the Moor, would love to hear your thought about how bus stops could be moved to in front of it. If people arent prepared to walk an extra 50 yards then the authorities cant really account for bone idleness.

Oh, and the Council arent responsible for the placement of bus stops, that would be SYPTE.

Some people on here seem to want the moon on a stick. Are all the bus stops in town outside the main entrance to M&S, or do they require a very short walk to access them, just like with the market?

Whats pedantic meean I,m ony a thick ex bottom rooad lad

"The buses stop nowhere near Meadowhall, you have to walk a couple of hundred yards just to get into the centre. Waah waah waaah!"

The buses come closer to meadowhall than the tram or train does.

As far as the market is concerned: I am standing on the moor thinking "I need to catch the bus home". Then I will never walk towards the market, no matter what bus I get it moves me away from the market.

Now what if that bus stop was moved right in front of the entrance/exit.

Oh catch a bus? I immediately start walking towards the market and my brain starts to think about nice food and things for the evening.

If I walk away from the market my brain thinks, oh that expensive joke will never get it.

If I walk towards it I think, need anything? Lets get something nice.

This is how human psychology works, vegas you don't understand it is not the distance from the bus but the unconscious systems it awakes in your brain if you are walking away vs towards the market.

You move that stop and I guarantee it will make a difference in people going there, it is also a show/sign of respect towards it.

The buses come closer to meadowhall than the tram or train does.

As far as the market is concerned: I am standing on the moor thinking "I need to catch the bus home". Then I will never walk towards the market, no matter what bus I get it moves me away from the market.

Now what if that bus stop was moved right in front of the entrance/exit.

Oh catch a bus? I immediately start walking towards the market and my brain starts to think about nice food and things for the evening.

If I walk away from the market my brain thinks, oh that expensive joke will never get it.

If I walk towards it I think, need anything? Lets get something nice.

This is how human psychology works, vegas you don't understand it is not the distance from the bus but the unconscious systems it awakes in your brain if you are walking away vs towards the market.

You move that stop and I guarantee it will make a difference in people going there, it is also a show/sign of respect towards it.

Which is further:

- the distance between the X78 stand at Meadowhall and the entrance of M&S

- the distance between the main entrance of the market and outside Brighgthouse where a multitude of buses leave from?

You make it sound like people have to traverse the Khyber Pass to get a bus home from The Moor, for crying out loud.

You havent explained about your plan to de-pedestrianise The Moor to put the bus stops bang outside the main entrance, any more details on that please?

Edited by Vegas1