Is the 'throw away society' causing the freak summer weather?

Is 'fashion' & the throw away society causing our freak weather through carbon emissions in getting the said goods from the far east? (massive container ships that have to circumnavigate 3/4 of the globe)

People don't buy goods that have longevity any more & that seems to be a fact!

Just a thought that crossed my mind over the last few week with all this lousy weather & flash flooding!

What's your thoughts people?

No, I reckon it's just part of the natural cycle. In the past, the land now known as the ok as been a rainforest, a desert, underwater and temperate.

The natural cycle would see the planet sliding towards an ice age right now; something which it is palpably failing to do.

Is it? The winters have been getting colder and longer

In Britain, for the last two or three winters, that is true, but Britain is not the globe. Average global temperatures have been increasing for about half a century.

Yeah well the ice age didn't cover the globe and the last one didn't even cover the whole of the UK, if Alan Titchmarsh is to be believed.

Yeah well the ice age didn't cover the globe and the last one didn't even cover the whole of the UK, if Alan Titchmarsh is to be believed.

Do a bit of digging on snowball earth for some of the larger glaciation events.

Surely if they're navigating 3/4 of the world they're going the wrong way? :huh:

Do you think they just drop off here direct from source, or load up ship & do multi-drop in multi countries? Fair comment but it's not strictly 3/4 of the world but may be equivalent distance by the time they arrive here!

Note to self......explain with more clarity next time.

Is 'fashion' & the throw away society causing our freak weather through carbon emissions in getting the said goods from the far east? (massive container ships that have to circumnavigate 3/4 of the globe)

People don't buy goods that have longevity any more & that seems to be a fact!

Just a thought that crossed my mind over the last few week with all this lousy weather & flash flooding!

What's your thoughts people?

I think it's much more likely to be activity (or lack of it) on the surface of the sun. This goes in 11yr cycles apparantly.

Earth's climate has always been subject to change and always will be. Nothing to do with human activity which accounts for only a tiny bit of CO2 emmisions.

That's no excuse for not cleaning up our act however. We only have one world and one lot of resources. We should treat them with respect and look after them.

Archived