Is the 'throw away society' causing the freak summer weather?

i blame muslims

I blame people from Whitby :-)

Seriously though I hope this rain hasn't affected you too much I know you can get some rather unfortunately large amounts of water through there when it does let go

I think it's much more likely to be activity (or lack of it) on the surface of the sun. This goes in 11yr cycles apparantly.

Earth's climate has always been subject to change and always will be. Nothing to do with human activity which accounts for only a tiny bit of CO2 emmisions.

That's no excuse for not cleaning up our act however. We only have one world and one lot of resources. We should treat them with respect and look after them.

So the fact that the earth has warmed during a time when solar output is low doesn't concern you, what do you think is going to happen when the suns output peaks again, climate change as everything to do with human activity. You are right in that it has always changed, but some of those changes did cause mass extinctions and there weren’t 7 billion people to feed. The earth was also covered in forest so had the ability to absorb more CO2.

I think it's much more likely to be activity (or lack of it) on the surface of the sun. This goes in 11yr cycles apparantly.

The sunspot cycle is a long way from being fully understood, but we do know enough about it to know that it is emphatically not responsible for current weather patterns.

Archived