Wagon & Horses pub, Millhouses

Can anyone tell me since the wagon and horses outside millhouses park has repoened,is the chef the same or is the food the same.I used to be great food aka pies etc but dont know whether to try it again if the food isnt upto scatch .Has anyone been since reopening.Cheers

Can anyone tell me since the wagon and horses outside millhouses park has repoened,is the chef the same or is the food the same.I used to be great food aka pies etc but dont know whether to try it again if the food isnt upto scatch .Has anyone been since reopening.Cheers

It's owned by the same people that have the Millhouses now. Been told they are completely ripping out the old kithcen and giving it a revamp.

I am told that it will not be as upmarket as the Millhouses and the food will be aimed at getting famillies in.

Not tried the food at the moment so can't comment, I'm waiting til the revamp.

Went for lunch on Sunday with our children, will not be going back!! waited 50 mins for our food, a simple prawn salad and king prawn thai curry with boil in the bag rice, cheap rubbish food!

We only went there as we had just been to the park with the kids, however wish we had got back in car and travelled up to Cricket Inn for some decent food : )

Went for lunch on Sunday with our children, will not be going back!! waited 50 mins for our food, a simple prawn salad and king prawn thai curry with boil in the bag rice, cheap rubbish food!

We only went there as we had just been to the park with the kids, however wish we had got back in car and travelled up to Cricket Inn for some decent food : )

thanks for the report.

You obviously know what you are talking about - I'll defo give it a miss and wait for the next revamp and restaffing of it.

• 1 month later...

Called into the Wagon on Saturday about 5-30 for our tea after a day out in the park. Was there with my Partner Sue, her son Justin and grandaughter Amber and wish we hadnt bothered. Went to order the food at the bar and was served by a surly young lady who didnt seem to be interested in being there. The order was a fish pie, two veggie bugers and a normal burger with a side of cheesy garlic bread.

The fish pie was virtually ineddable and the burgers so dry and tastless we covered them in ketchup and mustard to give them some moisture!! The Garlic bread was very overcooked.

We were not on our own another couple who were there said that they wouldnt be returning either. Not cheap either with drinks it came to £30.

Word of advice ............. AVOID

Went to Weston Park Museum on sunday and the food left the Wagon miles behind lovely fresh and tasty.

Archived