Wagon & Horses pub, Millhouses

I called in for a drink last week and the place is lifeless. It has no soul an the staff can't be bothered.

There was this one lad walking around with a bowl of chips in his hand going up to the very few people in there asking if they'd odered chips. He looked as though he wanted to be anywhere except working in that pub. When he did find the right table he just plonked them down and shuffled off with his head down.

They need to get their act together, becuase it's not cheap and there is no one going in the place.

it is under new management because my school friend and his family used to have it but have had to give it up earlier this year because the pub management company were greedy. The former licensee/manager has since got a job at the crucible's bar.

Called into the Wagon on Saturday about 5-30 for our tea after a day out in the park. Was there with my Partner Sue, her son Justin and grandaughter Amber and wish we hadnt bothered. Went to order the food at the bar and was served by a surly young lady who didnt seem to be interested in being there. The order was a fish pie, two veggie bugers and a normal burger with a side of cheesy garlic bread.

The fish pie was virtually ineddable and the burgers so dry and tastless we covered them in ketchup and mustard to give them some moisture!! The Garlic bread was very overcooked.

We were not on our own another couple who were there said that they wouldnt be returning either. Not cheap either with drinks it came to £30.

Word of advice ............. AVOID

Went to Weston Park Museum on sunday and the food left the Wagon miles behind lovely fresh and tasty.

I'm sorry to hear that. We used to eat there quite often as it was one of our favourites and quite local, though it's probably about seven years since our last visit.

Whilst the majority of the staff in the pub are lovely, especially the women, I think one or two of the male members of staff should really rethink their attitude towards the customers. Insulting people based on what they're wearing and how they act is one way to get rid of punters very quickly.

We ate in there on Friday night, there was hardly anyone else in there ordering food, but still our food was brought out in stages...rather than all together!! And when it did arrive, it was cold and practically inedible! Safe to say, we won't be back! It's a shame, because it could be a really lovely local pub!

Archived