Stupid driving on wet roads

That's quite some interrogation there :love:

Well, for a start I've already mentioned I don't do that when others are around. How could i get pulled for doing it if nobody is around to witness it? :confused:

Getting away with it: avoiding splashing someone, avoiding a "careless driving" ticket ... how about trying your hardest to avoid obvious loss-of-control dangers (standing water) and not "flooring it" joyously through the puddle/flood.

The "interrogation" appears to have failed to get you thinking about tyres, tread, camber, water depth ...

Ralge gives up - "water, horse, lead, drink" comes to mind.

Actually it doesnt matter too much about the tread or tyre size - they do have some effect but this is fairly small.

Having driven for close to 50 years, I always understood that the tread pattern was to allow the tyre to reduce the ammount of water under the tyre, displacing the water elsewhere. Therefore depth of tread and the actual pattern are crucial when driving on wet roads.

Angel.

Having driven for close to 50 years, I always understood that the tread pattern was to allow the tyre to reduce the ammount of water under the tyre, displacing the water elsewhere. Therefore depth of tread and the actual pattern are crucial when driving on wet roads.

Angel.

You are right, which is why I've not claimed otherwise. However the point I've been discussing is the minimum possible aquaplaning speed, not water expulsion rates.

Archived