Does anybody remember the harvest festivals in primary schools?

My primary school did it (we're talking mid 90's) so fairly recently.

The church I attend also still does it - think the food mostly ends up with the Archer project but can't recall for sure.

Did everyone else also sing harvest songs? 'Autumn Days', anyone?

I was going to mention that, many churches still have a harvest festival celebration with, as Susil correctly states, much of them donating to various homeless charities.

I never took owt. We were skint and starving in them days.

This one time, me mam let us take a tin of Libby's fruit salad fo't owd folk.

I took can opener and a spoon wi' me an' scoffed lot on way to school. Ah were thinner than a gippos dog and our Tony ad already etten all three Weetabix what were left together wi' last of milk.

Praise the Lord.

I never took owt. We were skint and starving in them days.

This one time, me mam let us take a tin of Libby's fruit salad fo't owd folk.

I took can opener and a spoon wi' me an' scoffed lot on way to school. Ah were thinner than a gippos dog and our Tony ad already etten all three Weetabix what were left together wi' last of milk.

Praise the Lord.

Can I hear New World Symphony by Dvořák in the background, whilst reading this post?

I've still got a Photo taken outside Ecclesfield Church around 1961 ....A large group of Pupils from Ecco Juniors ( including myself ) are lined up against the Main Entrance carrying boxes of Fruit an' Veg..:)

Is our young 'un and our Alan on that photo Guz - I'd like to see that:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The Harvest festival baskets were generally given to local pensioners or the hospital, can't remember them being senrt abroad

Archived