Does anybody remember the harvest festivals in primary schools?

I remember them from my early school days

There was a song that started

"We plow the fields and scatter the good seed on the land for it is fed and watered by God's Almighty hand.......

All good gifts around us

Are sent from heaven above

Then thank the lord

Oh thank the lord

For orororll 'is luv

We used to sing that one aswell at Ecclesall C of E!:hihi:

Yes i do remember Harvest festivals:clap:. There was always a big baked piece bread in the centre and we all had to go to the 'old peoples home' and sing harvest songs. In the days when I got free milk lol! way before the milk snatcher:hihi:

My 2 kids still do it at there jr school, when I was a kid they used to send food parcels home with the poor kids but now I'm not sure, I think they send them to the old people, iv never really asked but they still do it

My 2 kids still do it at there jr school, when I was a kid they used to send food parcels home with the poor kids but now I'm not sure, I think they send them to the old people, iv never really asked but they still do it

The poor kids in your school? That must have been rather embarassing for them, still food is food.

My children aren't in school yet but I hope they do this when they are. I used to enjoy the songs like 'autumn days when the grass is growing and the something or other'.

Archived