Proper Letter Writing

Yep it probably has, a tad!

Ok, back on topic. Whether it's politically correct or not, here's how I would do it.

Address top right (no name) but telephone number email and mobile quite acceptable under the address

Recipient left aligned.

Date underneath the recipients address

Subject Centred and possibly bold under the addressee.

Covering letter avoid waffle. Just say please see attached CV, unless you need to clarify how previous experience is tranferable to the job being applied for.

Hope that helps!

Yep exactly how I write them as well

Why don't you do bank transfer?

i have to write one a year to a well known firm of Sheffield solicitors for the princely sum of £7.It eventually arrives in the back pocket of the Duke of Norfolk.

I just get a letter once a year asking for a cheque,I suppose doing it the most complcated way means the solicitor can up his fees.

How is writing you a letter on behalf of thier client once a year upping his fees??

Have you thought it might be the leaseholder who does not have facility or want to accept bank transfers. That's nothing to do with solicitors.

You dont make any chargeable time for receiving a cheque any more than you do for receiving other form of money transfer.

Archived