Tenerife beaches

End of this month we're off to the Algarve kitesurfing for a month, then October Turkey for 2 weeks then over Xmas and new year Fuerte for 3 weeks. Next year we've already booked 5 weeks in the Algarve again for July/August with Egypt in March and Oct 2013 each time for 2 weeks.

Tardaar :D

ooh you don't want to go to egypt with all the civil unrest n all.especially next march when the elections are taking place...

Toodlepip...

As long as it doesn't effect the airports I'm not bothered, we stay well away from the towns.

If you go to Egypt what ever you do, ever, don't forget your kitesurfing gear.

Unless you don't do that, then I wouldn't bother going :)

Have a town house in Tavira/Algarve hence the chunky stints out there.

Will be living there in 5 years.

End of this month we're off to the Algarve kitesurfing for a month, then October Turkey for 2 weeks then over Xmas and new year Fuerte for 3 weeks. Next year we've already booked 5 weeks in the Algarve again for July/August with Egypt in March and Oct 2013 each time for 2 weeks.

Tardaar :D

Was watching them kitesurfing in Cyprus last month.

I would love to have me a go at it.

As long as it doesn't effect the airports I'm not bothered, we stay well away from the towns.

If you go to Egypt what ever you do, ever, don't forget your kitesurfing gear.

Unless you don't do that, then I wouldn't bother going :)

Have a town house in Tavira/Algarve hence the chunky stints out there.

Will be living there in 5 years.

Eee! watch out Cliff Pilchard lives out there.

Hold on though walkertelecoms..Maybe you could ask him for some cds,for the other thread on here.:D

where are the best beaches on tenerife.going at the end of the month and got a car hired .staying in playa las americas but would like to visit the better beaches sometime..

Try driving up El Teide, truly spectacular views and the food & beer is cheaper up there too!

Can't remember the name of the beach, but there is one on the south of the island where all the sand is black

Try driving up El Teide, truly spectacular views and the food & beer is cheaper up there too!

Can't remember the name of the beach, but there is one on the south of the island where all the sand is black

I've snowboarded on mount teide followed with an afternoon sunbathing at the lido :hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

just drove that road and mr clarkson and co would love it..

a feature of volcanic islands like Tenerife and the other Canary islands, the world over, is that they tend to have black sand. There's nothing much wrong with it, except it goes against the perception many people have as to what beach sand, is supposed to look like. It's basically what happens when you decide to go to a volcanic hotspot on holiday. It's 'oh look, why is the sand black?' So don't expect the beaches to be like St Lucia. When I spent a winter on Tenerife in the 90s, I found the 'city' beach, just north of the capital city of Santa Cruz, the nicest and with best vibe with just ordinary local Spanish people and residents enjoying it rather than hordes of tourists. Basically Tenerife is short of decent beaches. By far the most interesting feature of the island is Mount Teide, there's not too many places in the world so easily reached by car, with a topography like that.

Archived