12 Months Manufacturer's Warranty

So when you buy a product from anywhere you will get a 12 months warranty but how many people would ever use it?

For example I bought some skullcandy headphones 9/12/2011 and now one of them doesn't work the sound just cuts out or doesn't work at all now some people would go down the route of claiming on the warranty etc but to me I just can't be bothered with the price i paid for them I cant help but think is it really worth it?

Warranties are worthless. We have the Sale of Goods act, which qualifies you to a repair/replacement or refund for up to 6 years for faulty items.

Anyone who has ever paid for an extended warranty is an idiot.

edit: that last comment wasn't aimed at you btw. Just a general observation. Take the headphones back to the shop and tell them you are returning them under the sale of goods act.

Thanks for your comment its not as simple as you have made it sound with the sales of goods act but thanks anyway.

I work in a customer focused role and have this act quoted all the time and its not as simple as it sounds.

Warranties are worthless. We have the Sale of Goods act, which qualifies you to a repair/replacement or refund for up to 6 years for faulty items.

Anyone who has ever paid for an extended warranty is an idiot.

edit: that last comment wasn't aimed at you btw. Just a general observation. Take the headphones back to the shop and tell them you are returning them under the sale of goods act.

Thanks for your comment its not as simple as you have made it sound with the sales of goods act but thanks anyway.

I work in a customer focused role and have this act quoted all the time and its not as simple as it sounds.

But then you are someone that has more money than sense so why should we listen to you?

So long as your SkullCandy 'phones have not been misused in any way, take them into the store with your receipt/proof of purchase and they should replace them.

It is quite simple if people have read it and then visit the retailer and are firm and polite.I have never had a problem,I never buy warranties, there is always trading standards to fall back on.

I do not by any means have more money than sense and if I'm honest I am abit lost as to how you have come to that conclusion but hey everyone is different :loopy:

It is just I paid £7 for the headphones now if I send them back I have to pay postage of about £3 or £4 and then have it refunded back so from my point of view is it really worth the hassle of doing all that just for the sake of £7.

You may think it is but from my own personal opinion which im entitled to it isn't.

But then you are someone that has more money than sense so why should we listen to you?

So long as your SkullCandy 'phones have not been misused in any way, take them into the store with your receipt/proof of purchase and they should replace them.

Archived