La Vaca Steakhouse, Broomhill

PeteM01

Disagree.

If the guy had a problem he should have mentioned it at the time - not come on here and bad mouth the place when it's just starting up.

I wouldn't give him a discount at all - you don't need customers like that - they can kill your business.

He did well getting a polite response I think.

Agree with you - thought the restaurant handled it very well.

Agree with you - thought the restaurant handled it very well.

And, of course, I disagree with the pair of you. We were treated rather badly by the restaurant, to the extent that I really did think that they were trying to make a point about the sort of customers that they wanted (i.e. loud drinkers not quiet eaters). At one stage, a member of staff even came into the back room and turned up the Muzak, presumably so people in the front did not have to hear what we were being subjected to. There really did not seem to be any point in talking to the staff in the circumstances, particularly as my parents just wanted to leave as soon as possible. I am happy to accept that it was a one-off but it was a truly horrible experience, nonetheless.

And, of course, I disagree with the pair of you. We were treated rather badly by the restaurant, to the extent that I really did think that they were trying to make a point about the sort of customers that they wanted (i.e. loud drinkers not quiet eaters). At one stage, a member of staff even came into the back room and turned up the Muzak, presumably so people in the front did not have to hear what we were being subjected to. There really did not seem to be any point in talking to the staff in the circumstances, particularly as my parents just wanted to leave as soon as possible. I am happy to accept that it was a one-off but it was a truly horrible experience, nonetheless.

Sorry - you were hardly treated badly when the first the restaurant appear to know f your issues was when you posted them here on Sheffield Forum.

Quote:

Sorry - you were hardly treated badly when the first the restaurant appear to know f your issues was when you posted them here on Sheffield Forum.

Calm down people! Pete's not out to get at anyone or attack a new restaurant. He's just sharing his experience.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Calm down people! Pete's not out to get at anyone or attack a new restaurant. He's just sharing his experience.

How would you have handled it if you had been there to write a review?

Quote:

How would you have handled it if you had been there to write a review?

I honestly don't know! Thankfully it's never happened to me. I might have asked to be moved as soon as another table came up or had a word with the rowdy lot myself, but those kind of situations are always awkward when you've got family with you.

I haven't been yet, but have heard good stuff. Shame your experience wasn't great. Trying to enjoy your meal whilst surrounded by a pack of load drunken people can't be fun.... and yes that microwave ping would have annoyed! I'll give it a go though...

It was a shame that the OP copped for that lot! We have been there with friends a couple of times and enjoyed it, don't let that one off (I hope) blip put you off.

unfortunately, bad people can ruin good places.

It's up to the restauant owners and staff to set an expectation of behaviour of clients.

I think I would have said something to a member of staff, about finding a quieter table or something, but really it shouldn't need saying, it should be obvious.

Too many restaurants employ "children" or at best "inexperienced" staff who may be very pleasant but have no authority when it comes to handling this kind of situation.

One of the reasons I rarely dine out on London Road is that a load of the restaurants there are full of drunken idiots of a weekend who just want to shout their mouths off and be vulgar. At the other end of the scale you have places like the Old Vicarage at Ridgeway where you sometimes feel you have to whisper! Both are bad.