I used to hate him but now..

I hoped he'd lose to be honest. Can't forgive him for the comment he made about the English football team during the 2006 World Cup, when he said he, "wanted anyone to win but England." He's obviously anti English, so the Sweaty Sock can get stuffed...

I suggest you listen to the right facts,and stop feeding the myth.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9016488&postcount=175

I wanted him to lose because he's a whinging git:D

I stand by that today.

I don't understand the patriotism. If he had of win it wouldn't have been a win for britain, it would have been a win for the individual that won it (the one with the hundred thousand pounds or whatever it is)...although I feel the same about football and the olympics.

I don't understand why all us lazy gits take credit when someone we have never met wins at a sport:huh:

There's no myth there. It's on record that Murray ranted angrily in a TV interview about how he wanted anyone but England to win the 2006 World Cup and, as Jack Lakeland says, Murray only tried to pass off his rant as a joke when his PR people advised him to do so.

And that's just the on the record comments - if he hates the English so much there will surely be many other remarks he's made to that effect that aren't in the public domain. Just because he's a half decent tennis player doesn't excuse his hypocrisy in slagging off the English earlier in his career and then begging us to support him.

There's no myth there. It's on record that Murray ranted angrily in a TV interview about how he wanted anyone but England to win the 2006 World Cup and, as Jack Lakeland says, Murray only tried to pass off his rant as a joke when his PR people advised him to do so.

And that's just the on the record comments - if he hates the English so much there will surely be many other remarks he's made to that effect that aren't in the public domain. Just because he's a half decent tennis player doesn't excuse his hypocrisy in slagging off the English earlier in his career and then begging us to support him.

I don't really care whether he said it or not.If a Scot slags off the English they're is often a good reason for doing so.

Just because he's a half decent tennis player doesn't excuse his hypocrisy in slagging off the English earlier in his career and then begging us to support him.

Even if this angry rant had actually happened;

1) Does not wanting the England football team to win really constitute "slagging off" the whole of England?

2) When has he begged us to support him?

Unfortunately a link to an opinion on Sheffield Forum, does not constitute a fact. :hihi:

Of course he doesn't like the English, but it seems it wrong for the English not to like this hater..

I don't really care whether he said it or not.If a Scot slags off the English they're is often a good reason for doing so.

You may not care, but I do. You've changed your slant now from him not being anti English to his dislike being justyfied..:huh:

I hoped he'd lose to be honest. Can't forgive him for the comment he made about the English football team during the 2006 World Cup, when he said he, "wanted anyone to win but England." He's obviously anti English, so the Sweaty Sock can get stuffed...

Apparently the comment was taken out of context and was said with humour (joc(k)ular fashion) not animosity. How true that is I couldn't say but that's the story.

Archived