Should Britain leave the EU completely and join in with the US?

What's so special about the US? Apart from the right-wingers wet dream of the sainted 'small state' compared to what is preferred in Europe and immense overspending compared to every other country on Earth on weapons there's very that makes them more preferable in the extremely hypothetical situation in which they give a damn about us.

Somehow I could never imagine a crowd at a football game in Bramall Lane standing up and singing the Star Spangled Banner

We dont need you and you dont need us

I could not agree more.The thing we most have in common is the Atlantic and that does the job of keeping us apart.I am a proud EUROPEAN Briton.

But of course, the crowd at Bramall Lane aren't inherently as polite as their American cousins.

Isn't 'José can you see?' merely an expression of the Californian's natural goodwill towards his fellow man and his determination to ensure that visitors to his fair land enjoy its benefits (including free healthcare, free schooling, free housing...) to the full?

I could not agree more.The thing we most have in common is the Atlantic and that does the job of keeping us apart.I am a proud EUROPEAN Briton.

Good friends, steadfast allies on opposite sides of the pond is the way to go.

We should forget about the complicated multilingual mess that is the EU and bond together instead with our English speaking cousins across the atlantic.
Yes lets leave the Multicultural mess in the EU to join another Multicultural mess much further away called the USA.

Why do we need to join up with someone, is Blighty scared of the big bad world that much that we need a master to guide us?

If so then we should go with the likes of India where there's still some that have respect for us as a nation.

But of course, the crowd at Bramall Lane aren't inherently as polite as their American cousins.

Isn't 'José can you see?' merely an expression of the Californian's natural goodwill towards his fellow man and his determination to ensure that visitors to his fair land enjoy its benefits (including free healthcare, free schooling, free housing...) to the full?

Well what the Mexican at a Dodger's game later told his pals

"Those Yankees they were very polite. They was all asking me 'Jose can you see? But I couldn't see a damned thing cos they was all standing up when they was asking it

What's so special about the US? Apart from the right-wingers wet dream of the sainted 'small state' compared to what is preferred in Europe and immense overspending compared to every other country on Earth on weapons there's very that makes them more preferable in the extremely hypothetical situation in which they give a damn about us.

Well dont worry about it. It will never happen. If the UK ever did get the urge to integrate with another nation Canada would be the best bet as the systems of government are almost identical and Liz's head is still on some of their currency

Well dont worry about it. It will never happen. If the UK ever did get the urge to integrate with another nation Canada would be the best bet as the systems of government are almost identical and Liz's head is still on some of their currency

And they watch Coronation Street and spell 'centre' as 'centre' :)

EDIT- how on earth we'd get past the fact that the Québécois want to become independent of Canada is another matter of course...

Archived