Should Britain leave the EU completely and join in with the US?

Yes lets leave the Multicultural mess in the EU to join another Multicultural mess much further away called the USA.

Which monoculture is this 'We' which you suggest should leave the multicultural mess?

I've met Americans who say:

'I'm an American'

'I'm a Scottish American'

'Im a Native American'

'Oi'm an Oierish American (that's usually on 'Green Beer Day'- That Friday in Lent when Catholics [who are proscribed from eating meat on Fridays in Lent] pig out on 'Carned beef':hihi:

You can laugh at them - and they can laugh at you, too.

If, however, you back an American into a corner, he (or she) will lose the 'comic cuts' attributes and become an American.

(S)he doesn't put Scotland before the United States.

(S)he doesn't put 'Oirland' before the United States.

(S)he doesn't put his/her tribe before the United States.

(S)he is an American.

Unlike in the UK.

As the article I linked to says: "How long will Britain and other Western countries survive without facing up to that opposition?"

Militants tend to do well.

I don't think the US is ready for that just yet.

If you look at trading patterns during the last 20 odd years, the US has cast its eyes more often (together with fluttering eyelashes) across the Pacific than it has across the Atlantic.

Europe is a valued trading partner.

"Should Britain leave the EU completely and join in with the US?"

No.

We have more historical connections with Europe in general and France in particular (the House of Normandy for starters). I personally feel European, I'm at home with European culture and I regard the USA as somewhat alien. Being buddies with the USA is great, but I'd prefer to keep it strictly platonic, and I'm sure they would too.

No.

We have more historical connections with Europe in general and France in particular (the House of Normandy for starters). I personally feel European, I'm at home with European culture and I regard the USA as somewhat alien. Being buddies with the USA is great, but I'd prefer to keep it strictly platonic, and I'm sure they would too.

With all the American music, films, tv shows and fast food outlets, etc, not to mention a common language, the USA seems somewhat alien to you??

No.

Oy! - What's with this 'House of Normandy?'

Do they do good cheese?

I reiterate the question: "What's with this 'House of Normandy'?"

I am very much 'an interested person'. I am a Norman (in that it's my ethnic origin and I come from one of the surviving fragments of the Duchy of Normandy.)

My liege Lord is the Duke of Normandy (We don't bother with 'Duchesses'- the Duchess of Normandy was a ferry - which sank.)

I can be called upon to fight on 3 occasions:

1. To protect the body of my Liege Lord.

2. To protect the family of my Liege Lord.

3. To invade England (Well, we did that once before. ;))

So who is this 'House oF Normandy?'

Is there some sort of 'Usurper' or 'pretender'?

- If you've got some information, please let me know - I've got plans for the next few weeks and it will need to be solved quickly. :hihi:

And they watch Coronation Street and spell 'centre' as 'centre' :)

EDIT- how on earth we'd get past the fact that the Québécois want to become independent of Canada is another matter of course...

Well Quebece independence is very much like the topic on this thread 'Just talk for the sake of talk" :hihi:

Hard economic reality is the killer of all secessionist dreams

Do they do good cheese?

I reiterate the question: "What's with this 'House of Normandy'?"

I am very much 'an interested person'. I am a Norman (in that it's my ethnic origin and I come from one of the surviving fragments of the Duchy of Normandy.)

My liege Lord is the Duke of Normandy (We don't bother with 'Duchesses'- the Duchess of Normandy was a ferry - which sank.)

I can be called upon to fight on 3 occasions:

1. To protect the body of my Liege Lord.

2. To protect the family of my Liege Lord.

3. To invade England (Well, we did that once before. ;))

So who is this 'House oF Normandy?'

Is there some sort of 'Usurper' or 'pretender'?

- If you've got some information, please let me know - I've got plans for the next few weeks and it will need to be solved quickly. :hihi:

There was a House of Norman on Regent Street, London years back

They sold ladies foundation garments

Archived