Whats wrong with a man showing his emotions?

Andy Murray cried at the post match interview yesterday,and many people don't like to see an open display of emotion from a grown man,they think its unmasculine and wimpish. With Murray it has actually had the opposite affect and has made him more endearing to people.

In general isn't this British (or English?) attitude of expecting emotions to be kept under control old fashioned.

It's not unusual in this day and age. Remember Gazza?

The Andy Murray episode yesterday, just portrays him as being human just like the rest of us mere mortals. He's been heavily critiscised over the years for being too aloof (and not smiling). Yesterday just showed him being human. Nowt wrong with that and no doubt his following will increase because of it.

The Andy Murray episode yesterday, just portrays him as being human just like the rest of us mere mortals. He's been heavily critiscised over the years for being too aloof (and not smiling). Yesterday just showed him being human. Nowt wrong with that and no doubt his following will increase because of it.

:thumbsup:

I could imagine letting the nation down is a heavy burden especially when the nation stacks that burden on your shoulders as an individual. For him I guess the prize money had nothing to do with the result. A shame, but the best man won.

As for emotions? To big a one to keep under wraps I would guess.

I could imagine letting the nation down is a heavy burden especially when the nation stacks that burden on your shoulders as an individual. For him I guess the prize money had nothing to do with the result. A shame, but the best man won.

As for emotions? To big a one to keep under wraps I would guess.

Someone on TV was saying about what money he's already earned, and it's something like 13 million. So, although the money would always be welcome, it's the kudos of winning (or prospect of in his case) a grand slam, and especially Wimbledon.

Archived