Canary islands. Anyone recommend an all inclusive hotel please

I wouldn't consider all inclusive in the canary islands as there are restaurants every where and all cheap, normally it's places like the carribean where all inclusive is the only Option due to the hotel locations

I don't know about cheap. We spent as much on food as we did on the rest of the holiday.

We booked on teletext holidays through a company called a1 travel. It was fab - the flights were with Thomson even though the holiday wasn't which was a bonus. It can be a bit breezy in Costa Teguise but when I went in September it was very welcome otherwise it'd have been too hot to sit in the sun.

Thanks all. Defunct and Tess, I'm looking at Costa Teguise now. Who did you book with?

We booked with Hayes Travel. It was Monarch Airlines. We did go all inclusive to Hotel Teguise Grand Playa. The hotel is right on the beach. If I went again I would not go AI. As everything is very cheap. We ate out one evening at a Chinese Buffet which cost us 5Euros each. You can get a full English for about 3 or 4 Euro. Local beer was 1-2 Euro.

Another vote for Costa Teguise. Stayed 1 week self catering for £215 each (inc flights) at the Santa Rosa Apartments, which is about a 10 minute walk from the centre which has loads of restaurants and a few laid back bars etc. All very reasonably priced. Don't think there are that many AI in that area.

A second for Santa Rosa, we've stayed there twice and loved every moment of it.

I've booked the hotel & airfare through Monarch directly as they were able to give us the dates and the price we wanted.

Edit:

Santa Rosa do full board, but the food is alright. Best eating in town and doing breakfast in your apartment.

Went to Costa Teguise in about 6 years ago, most relaxing holiday been on for a long time,lovely Island. If you get a chance go to the outside Market thats on once a week you can pick up some really unusual souvenirs to bring back with you but be prepared to barter with the traders though, its good fun.

Thanks all. Defunct and Tess, I'm looking at Costa Teguise now. Who did you book with?

We are staying in costa teguise in sept, staying at the sands beach resort they do a full board option. We booked with jet 2 holidays, very good price daytime flights and 23kg standard luggage allowance

Archived