Religious folk, have you ever broken the rules of your faith?

Problem: morals are manmade and therefore malleable.

Gods are man made. The religions associated with them are designed to screw as much money out of the gullible as possible.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful" - Seneca the Younger.

If you're talking the ten commandments, I've probably broken one or two.

However, that's for something between me and my God to sort out when the time is right, not because some 2000 year old book - which has been chopped and changed to suit the agenda of the author or people in power - says so.

If you're talking the ten commandments, I've probably broken one or two.

However, that's for something between me and my God to sort out when the time is right, not because some 2000 year old book - which has been chopped and changed to suit the agenda of the author or people in power - says so.

But no religion holds that the Ten Commandments are the only law. They're binding on only one of the religions.

Maybe you do not understand the concept of 'law' and 'rules'?

Yes I do, I understand that English law is not the same as religious law and has many differences. I don't know why you devoted a post to talking about it instead of the topic, that's all.

No- force majeure is a reasonable defence, as is self-defence.

Can you show any religious texts which say it is okay to kill someone if forced to do it, by force majeure ?

Yes- if your religion's manmade.

Do you know of any that aren't ?

Surely the key is to be "striving" to reach the goals set by any particular religion, they are ideals that you should "want" to reach if your religion means anything to you, we are all imperfect and will fail from time to time.

No, rules are to be obeyed, not strived toward. Otherwise God may have given Moses the Ten Suggestions or Ten Guidelines.

Mind you, he might have not broken them then.

Archived