Bangla Cottage Indian Restaurant, Hillsborough

ynguk

i noticed it was open last night on my way home....so on account of it being cold i bobbed in to get a menu and warm my tootsies.

it looks really nice inside and i was impressed with the range of food on offer on the menu.

all i have to do now is decide when im going to sample the food- why does that always sound easier than it is when they dont deliver and i know it will be cold by the time ive walked it home at this time of year? :(

x

After reading it on here me and my other half had a walk down last night. What a great little indian restaurant the decor and lighting was really nice with background music playing. The staff were really great couldn't do enough for you but not in the sense always coming up and asking if everything was ok. The food was excellent ad the best bit was they would fetch you different types of sauces to try if you weren't sure if you liked them. We had 2 rounds of drinks, 2 starters, 2 currys, rice naan, 2 deserts and coffee and it came to £38 real value for money will definately be going again a decent indian has been needed in hillsboro for a long time so get yourselves down. Mention sheffield forum and the manager will be really inpressed!

We went on Friday night, was only a small order, 2 eals one rice, and I'm dieting so it wasn't my usual creamy sauce, had a shaslik kebab, which was lovely.

We tried the lemon and coconut rice, which did what it said on the tin, but wasn't quite what I was expecting: qite biter lemon taste, not bad but unexpected, quite alot of onon which my OH didn't really like.

H had a Malayan which was a scrummy sace, but more tomatoey than usal, but that s one of the dishes that seems to vary alot.

It came to £13 take away with 4 free popadoms, and again really nice service (and the bombay mix in the waiting area was really good too! not the usual floor sweepings!)

Will definately go back again.

Well went in last night for a takeaway,and pleased to report that Hillsborough has at long last,a smashing little, (quality) Indian reastaurant!

Went in and was made to feel right at home by the very freindly owner and staff.

I ordered something that was not on the menu,(balti lemon chicken),and the good news is it was excellent! Very tasty and good quality stuff.

Now while I was in there,The overall pub manager of the Rawson Spring came in for a sit down meal and a chat! And the more good news is that it looks like they are working together to make this little bit of Hillsboro a nice place to be(seeing as they are working side by side) I thought it realy good that a manager of a major pub chain is building links with a small business side-by-side and has recommended the Bangola Cottage to his customers too.

Forgot to add,as already mentioned,the owner can't believe how many customers are mentioning the Sheffield Forum!(even though he's only been open a week!) If we all keep this up,we should all be able to wrangle a 10% discount everytime we mention it! :hihi::hihi::hihi: