Bangla Cottage Indian Restaurant, Hillsborough

ynguk

and it's not Indian its Bangladeshi.

Not that it matters a great deal, because many "Indian" restaurants are ran by Bangladeshi's., front and back of house.

Those industrious people from the vast flood plain that was once known as East Pakistan.

Cheers, I assumed it was Indian due to the sign on the restaurant that states:

BANGLA COTTAGE - Authentic Indian Restaurant.

• 7 months later...
and it's not Indian its Bangladeshi.

Not that it matters a great deal, because many "Indian" restaurants are ran by Bangladeshi's., front and back of house.

Those industrious people from the vast flood plain that was once known as East Pakistan.

What was Bangladesh called before it was called east Pakistan Darbytub?

Spent £33 on a take out, and never got so much as a popadom as a gesture of thanks for my order, it wasn't out of the ordinary, at least the chinese appreciate your custom, bangle can shove their menu where the monkey shoves it's nuts, it can't come close to the Mangla

That really doesn't sound like the bangla cottage I know. I had a great take away yesterday. As always to a very high standard... with poppadoms. It's so great to get such amazing service with a smile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have recently moved into Sheffield and am studying in Sheffield Hallam university and last weekend I went to Bangla cottage in hillsborogh and found it really impressive as the food and atmosphere was above expectation. My friend lives in hillsborough and had recommended it to me. Im from Asia myself and thought the food there really resembled what I was used to in my home country.

• 3 years later...

So it's farewell to Bangla Cottage. It's all been stripped out and all signage removed.

Its being refitted and says 'Indian Restaurant Coming Soon' , so don't know whats happened to the Bangla.

Big thanks to the guys who worked there, always a warm welcome and even remembered my name every time I popped down for a takeout. You'll be missed.

Edited by sheffandy

So it's farewell to Bangla Cottage. It's all been stripped out and all signage removed.

Its being refitted and says 'Indian Restaurant Coming Soon' , so don't know whats happened to the Bangla.

Big thanks to the guys who worked there, always a warm welcome and even remembered my name every time I popped down for a takeout. You'll be missed.[/quote

"..................

Edited by chocki