Do women always have softer skin than men?

Women's skin is not necessarily softer than men's skin, but it IS thinner so it is more likely that men are going to have skin that shows wrinkles less and feel coarser than a woman's skin (facial skin at least). Men's skin is up to 30% thicker than women's skin, with more elastin and other proteins which keep the skin firmer for longer.

Men's strong facial hair also creates a very firm scaffold for a lot or the facial skin, meaning that it's much less likely to sag than women's skin.

And men's skin is oilier than women's too, so men are likely to need to use a lot less moisturiser over time (sebum production is increased by testosterone production and sebum keeps the water in the skin from evaporating so makes the skin more moisturised).

On top of all of this, men who shave also have a regular exfoliation treatment which is likely to keep their skin looking younger for longer.

Of course, there are always going to be men who age early and women who age late, most of which is determined by genes, but the average man will show fewer wrinkles than a woman of the same age.

EDIT- the thicker skin doesn't provide any more protection from the sun or from skin cancers though, so get slapping on the sunscreen (if we ever see the sun again!).

I've never used moisturiser in my life!....Am I in a minority? Am I missing out on something? :hihi:

I've never used moisturiser in my life!....Am I in a minority? Am I missing out on something? :hihi:

You're missing out on having skin that would be somewhat softer than it actually is; but is that a major concern to you?

Up until fairly recently, men looking after their own skin was considered weird at best, and a sign of homosexuality at worst. (Back in the day when being homosexual was itself considered a bad thing, that is.) It's become far more prevalent in recent years, but I suspect that is not out of any concern for the wellbeing of male skins around the world, but out of a desire to sell more skincare products at high prices.

You're missing out on having skin that would be somewhat softer than it actually is; but is that a major concern to you?

Up until fairly recently, men looking after their own skin was considered weird at best, and a sign of homosexuality at worst. (Back in the day when being homosexual was itself considered a bad thing, that is.) It's become far more prevalent in recent years, but I suspect that is not out of any concern for the wellbeing of male skins around the world, but out of a desire to sell more skincare products at high prices.

No it's not a major concern. Or even any concern. I probably have the softest blokes hands I've ever come across! And my skin has always been oily type skin, and I'm quite hairy, so the thought of adding moisture to it, has never even crossed my mind! :hihi:

No it's not a major concern. Or even any concern. I probably have the softest blokes hands I've ever come across! And my skin has always been oily type skin, and I'm quite hairy, so the thought of adding moisture to it, has never even crossed my mind! :hihi:

A hairy greaser with girly hands? You aint selling yerself well. :D

obviously if they're aproximately of the same ages, reason I ask is coz we’ve just got back from pub and this old looking rough looking tart we was talking to said she was my age but had mucgh softer skin than me, and i'm covered in acne plus i'm very wrinkly for my age,

Perhaps you should consider a facial of some sort :hihi:

Archived