Question for the girls

I agree. There are so many factors that can be considered. Why would it just be hormones turning her in to a 'cow', as you say? Seems unlikely to me. I would investigate further, if I were you.

Been done.

The hormones are the last thing thats being considered.

On a purely personal level, the notion that eight- and nine-year-olds are expected to deal with things like this makes me uncomfortable to; but as you say, it's far better to have them taught properly at that age, than to have some kids run into puberty without having a clue what's happening to them, or worse yet to be getting "educated" about it by the creepy guy in the plastic mac who hangs around at the bottom of the street.

That's the age girls need to learn about periods etc, they can start at 8/9 and starting at 10 or 11 is not at all uncommon. Better to have a full understanding and get used to the idea in advance imo.

That's the age girls need to learn about periods etc, they can start at 8/9 and starting at 10 or 11 is not at all uncommon. Better to have a full understanding and get used to the idea in advance imo.

You are responding to headingnorth who was responding to llamatron who was responding to me in post #6, so inderectly you're responding to what I said; just to be clear, I'm not uncomfortable about my 9 year old learning about her impending periods... just not from me! :o:P

You are responding to headingnorth who was responding to llamatron who was responding to me in post #6, so inderectly you're responding to what I said; just to be clear, I'm not uncomfortable about my 9 year old learning about her impending periods... just not from me! :o:P

Hahahaha..Im lost! :help::hihi:

And I don't have children, but I can see that educating them at such an age is necessary, and I agree with doing so; it just makes me uncomfortable thinking about it. My discomfort is not a good reason for not supporting it, though.

I was 11 when mine started along with my breasts developing. I was made to wear a bra which I took off when I got to school because of catty remarks from the girls that didn't yet need one. I knew nothing about what was happening and thought I was bleeding to death. All I WAS told then was, that I "hadn't to go with boys now".............:roll: this was a good few years ago now and as I understand it, puberty arrives even earlier these days so in my opinion, preparation IS important.

Archived