The Pheasant Inn, Oughtibridge.

jaffa1

Is it true the son of the landlord of the top Red Lion Grenoside has taken on the Pheasant in Oughtibridge? If he has the same success as to what's been done at the Red Lion then that should be good for the village pub.

But alas , I hear there's to be karaoke every Saturday night and private parties. That's what killed it last time.

As for a function room there isn't one, parties are held in the pub itself.

When you walk in for an evening out you are confronted with someones party and it just makes you feel like you are gatecrashing.

So what do you do ? you find another PUBLIC bar.That's what happened before , history does repeat itself.

I do enjoy listening to Driftin Dronfield though, much better than karaoke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I visited the Pheasant on Gala day in the evening when they had karaoke on.

What a mistake, there were young children screeching down the mike.

Ok it was fun and games Gala night so I thought I'd give it another try on Saturday night.

It was pandemonium, kids, dogs, prams. The Olympics were on the telly , then the singer started up, each competing for the loudest which made everyone shout louder to be heard.

Couldn't wait to get out. Does anyone know of a decent pub to visit on a Saturday night?

I visited the Pheasant on Gala day in the evening when they had karaoke on.

What a mistake, there were young children screeching down the mike.

Ok it was fun and games Gala night so I thought I'd give it another try on Saturday night.

It was pandemonium, kids, dogs, prams. The Olympics were on the telly , then the singer started up, each competing for the loudest which made everyone shout louder to be heard.

Couldn't wait to get out. Does anyone know of a decent pub to visit on a Saturday night?

Red Grouse at Stocksbridge no tv or juke box no kids after 7pm

• 1 month later...

Yes this pub is going down the same old road as when the last landlord had it.

I hear the police had to be called after music was still banging out at three in the morning.

It won't be long before the druggies are back.

And why do the advertise a function room when they haven't got one?

• 1 month later...
I see it's shut down 'until further notice' again. Really odd, though. Built up fire for bonfire last Sat then cancelled it and shut the pub.

As I said some months ago, " It won't be long before the drugies are back "

and sure enough it was drug related which has closed it down.

The talk is that the lease holder came in one night and told everone to drink up then took all the optics away and shut shop.

Why can't they change it back to the village pub it used to be with tap room and best room and comfortable seating . They did a good job with the Hare & Hounds and the drinks are cheaper there too.