The Pheasant Inn, Oughtibridge.

jaffa1

I see it's re-opened. Looks like same landlord, so what was that all about? Call me a cynic, but I suspect it'll just go back to what it was before it was suddenly shut. Time will tell. You can clear the sh*t away, but when the sh*t returns, so will the flies.

Exactly, nothings changed.

He must have been to confessions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Landlord put in amid dodgy goings on. He is desperate to make a go of it and is trying to make a new life for himself back in his home town of sheffield. Yes he has had a rocky start but everybody makes mistakes when they are learning. He is the nicest most welcoming person you could ever meet. He is giving 110 per cent to make it work for him. Give him a chance. If you have valid concerns call in and speak with him. :thumbsup:

Get a life and stop pulling this pub down. a very nice and hard working guy runs the pub. ITS THE BEST PUB IN OUR VILLAGE FACT. why not go in the pheasant and tell him what you have been saying about him. dont think you will be getting a pint or two. silly little boy.:loopy::loopy::loopy:

who is the 'silly little boy' directed at? Can't be me as I am not silly nor am I a boy.

If, making observations about a public house that, if the police have been called, can be easily verified, is being silly, then perhaps the person or persons who contacted the police in the first place is 'silly'.

By the way, SHOUTING does not make something FACT - it is your opinion that it is the best pub in the area and the FACT that you have an opinion does not make it a FACT.

2 + 2 = 4 is a FACT.

Unless the pub has won some BEST PUB award recently, then it is not a fact, just your opinion.

I wish the landlord all the best and if he is a good as you and the poster below (defender?) say he is, then I am sure it will be a success and no one will have anything to complain about, either to him or about his pub.

However, we do reserve the right to voice our concerns, should the need arise, despite your assertions, protestations or FACTS.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 23:16 ----------

Landlord put in amid dodgy goings on. He is desperate to make a go of it and is trying to make a new life for himself back in his home town of sheffield. Yes he has had a rocky start but everybody makes mistakes when they are learning. He is the nicest most welcoming person you could ever meet. He is giving 110 per cent to make it work for him. Give him a chance. If you have valid concerns call in and speak with him. :thumbsup:

As I said in my latest reply, if the new landlord is as good and dedicated as you say he is and he succeeds in keeping the bad elements away from the pub, then there will be no cause for any complaint and I am sure the pub will flourish.

Reputations, albeit associated with the pub, rather than the incumbent landlord, are no so easy to shake, hence the hesitency and reservations.

It developed a bad rep over the last few years and it seemed, on the surface, that little had changed, bar shutting down for a few weeks.

I can only speak for myself, but I hope the bad rep remains a thing of the past and good luck to the new landlord.

Edited by fishy_taste

• 1 month later...

Just home from sampling the fish and chip night (Friday nights - 4-8pm). 2 4 a tenner. Excellent. Best fish we have had for ages. Choice of mushy or garden peas. Bread and butter. Beautifully presented. Well worth trying. Cooked to order but well worth the wait and time to have an extra beer. :)

Just home from sampling the fish and chip night (Friday nights - 4-8pm). 2 4 a tenner. Excellent. Best fish we have had for ages. Choice of mushy or garden peas. Bread and butter. Beautifully presented. Well worth trying. Cooked to order but well worth the wait and time to have an extra beer. :)

You will probably get a free pint for saying that.

I think the price is a bit steep for fish and chips , cheaper at the best chippy in Sheffield , ,Grenoside chippy.

You will probably get a free pint for saying that.

I think the price is a bit steep for fish and chips , cheaper at the best chippy in Sheffield , ,Grenoside chippy.

Why would you go all the way to Grenoside for fish and chips if you live in Oughtibridge?