How can i get around postage con?

iv tried to buy a safety gate and extension from safetots

however the total adds to £49.97p and they want to charge me £4.99 for delivery

iv asked them im only 2p short i dont mind paying but think the postage charge is a con,

what do you suggest???

Is this an online site or a store - and, if a store, can you not simply take the thing with you?

I suspect that £5 is, if anything, on the cheap side for posting a child's safety gate. (Obviously they won't use Royal Mail, but if you wanted to decline their delivery charges and have it posted to yourself instead...)

Is this an online site or a store - and, if a store, can you not simply take the thing with you?

I suspect that £5 is, if anything, on the cheap side for posting a child's safety gate. (Obviously they won't use Royal Mail, but if you wanted to decline their delivery charges and have it posted to yourself instead...)

its online its annoying for sake of 2p i dont qualify for the free postage,

Ah, now I see your point. I didn't realise that you would have got free delivery if spending £49.99.

My advice, if they have any such thing, is to add something you don't want that costs a pound or two, to your order. Baby wipes? A packet of rubber whatnots to put on the corners of tables?

It is, I should add, a trifle sneaky in my opinion to offer free postage on orders of £49.99, and then price things up at £49.97. It's legal, but it would not look good on Watchdog.

Do as HeadingNorth has suggested, isn't there anything on their website costing a couple of quid taking you order over £49.99.

It does come across as sneaky of them to charge £49.97 when free postage starts at £49.99, but there has to be a cut off point somewhere where postal charges end and free postage starts.

iv tried to buy a safety gate and extension from safetots

however the total adds to £49.97p and they want to charge me £4.99 for delivery

iv asked them im only 2p short i dont mind paying but think the postage charge is a con,

what do you suggest???

Do you really think £4.99 is over the top to post something that size?

Archived