Spitting in the street, ban or not

There was a debate on the radio this morning about banning spitting on the street, I'm interested to know how it'll be enforced but what do you think?

I personally think spitting is disgusting and up until a week ago I would have been all for a ban, however there was a scenario last week when I either had to spit or I think I would have been sick, I chose to spit, hypocrite that I am :hihi:

There was a debate on the radio this morning about banning spitting on the street, I'm interested to know how it'll be enforced but what do you think?

I personally think spitting is disgusting and up until a week ago I would have been all for a ban, however there was a scenario last week when I either had to spit or I think I would have been sick, I chose to spit, hypocrite that I am :hihi:

YUK. I think it's gross. I seem to remember starting a thread about it a few weeks ago. Some people do it habitually. Its horrible.

But I have to say it's the people that "have come to stay" (Unpacking their trunk) in the street by blowing one nostril at a time that really gross me out! :gag:

YUK. I think it's gross. I seem to remember starting a thread about it a few weeks ago. Some people do it habitually. Its horrible.

But I have to say it's the people that "have come to stay" (Unpacking their trunk) in the street by blowing one nostril at a time that really gross me out! :gag:

There was an old man who lives across the street from us and he used to stand at the bottom of his passage clearing his nostrils into the street. It never occurred to me how disgusting it was until he did it in the snow :gag:

You should be beaten with a stick, young woman. Terrible!!

BTW... if you hadn't already guessed, I dislike spitting :D

You should be beaten with a stick, young woman. Terrible!!

BTW... if you hadn't already guessed, I dislike spitting :D

It was terrible, I've felt like it before (whilst out running) but have managed not to but last week I genuinely thought I'd be sick if I didn't spit, hence.

P.S. I was off the beaten track, not on the high street and no-one saw me so it doesn't even count.:D

Spitting is vile, and I would be delighted if fines were put in place for anyone caught doing it in a public place. It is anti social and extremely unpleasant to see.

I believe many councils fine people for throwing cigarette butts on the floor, so this would be no different. In fact, if the council did put in a fine penalty they ought to come to my workplace, & they'd make a fortune. I work with young people & I'm sick of telling them that spitting is disgusting & not to do it.

Footballers seem to delight in emptying their nostrils all over the pitch - the dirty barstewards :rant:

It was terrible, I've felt like it before (whilst out running) but have managed not to but last week I genuinely thought I'd be sick if I didn't spit, hence.

P.S. I was off the beaten track, not on the high street and no-one saw me so it doesn't even count.:D

Ah, that's another matter. As a runner, those pesky flies love nothing better then to get to the back of your throat. You are right, there is no other option than to spit. I blame the flies.

Last week I had an occasion where I'd just hoicked up a gobful of phlegm and had to go to the nearest drain and gob it down there, so you've got to make some allowances for people with coughs. Spitting it onto the pavement isn't on though really.

Ah, that's another matter. As a runner, those pesky flies love nothing better then to get to the back of your throat. You are right, there is no other option than to spit. I blame the flies.

I foresee people getting caught spitting and then trying it on saying that a fly flew into their mouth; a police officer or some sort of council enforfment officer would then have to use his or her judgement as to whether the spit was justified and weather the person did everything possible to be discreet about it or not.

Archived