Spitting in the street, ban or not

Now I'm with the majority when I say that I find gobbing to be a vile habit, but about 5 months ago I quit smoking tabs and about 2 months into being clean I went through a few weeks of coughing up gallons of the most disgusting phlegm you could possibly imagine.

This phlegm was so vile there was absolutely no way I could swallow it and I'm afraid there was so much of it that I had no practical option but to unload it into the street, I can only apologise to anyone who may have witnessed this but it really did have to be done.

This is apparently known as quitters flu according to some forums on the internet, I found that out when I was trying to self diagnose having convinced that myself I'd got lung cancer (it was that bad).

My point is that there must be medical conditions out there that would make it impossible to not spit and it would be a little rough in those cases if we were to apply a kind of zero tolerance to spitting.

I'm a little cynical about this and think this maybindiscriminate spittinge to do with certain migrants that seem to do a lot more than what we are used to.

Also I believe TB is on the increase.(?)

If people must spit can't they spit in the gutter? What is that horrible stuff some people chew and spit, staining the pavement red?

I'm a little cynical about this and think this maybe to do with certain migrants that seem to do a lot more indiscriminate spitting than what we are used to.

Also I believe TB is on the increase.(?)

This is true, particularly in certain parts of London where cultural enclaves exist. I had spells living in Tottenham and Tower Hamlets and in the true multicultural tradition of ignoring the host cultures values various minority groups walked around spitting constantly. Whether it was a children's playground or whatever was irrelevant.

I told my friends that all immigrants should be given a booklet of do's and don'ts or they should be told in citizenship training or whatever but this was condemned as patronising.

This is true, particularly in certain parts of London where cultural enclaves exist. I had spells living in Tottenham and Tower Hamlets and in the true multicultural tradition of ignoring the host cultures values various minority groups walked around spitting constantly. Whether it was a children's playground or whatever was irrelevant.

I told my friends that all immigrants should be given a booklet of do's and don'ts or they should be told in citizenship training or whatever but this was condemned as patronising.

Whilst it's not nice to see, what we going to get people for next then, BREATHING.

Archived