My Driving Offence court case Dropped due to Incorrect Info on Ticket

So it all depends on which laws you like as to whether ignoring them is good or bad?

You've missed the point, read it again. We only have parliament because people broke laws or would you rather us all be obedient to the royals?

And your point is?

I was in the middle of nowhere going 7mph over the limit on a deserted road. When I found out I'd been spotted by a camera I thought "I'll drive a lower speed in such unsigned areas in future".

I may have broken other laws but not having total recall of my entire life I can't recall any.

My point is should you really be driving if you don't know the speed limit of the area you're in...my other point,as you probably know, is that if you broke any law would you wait to be arrested etc or would you go straight to the police station and admit it?

You've missed the point, read it again. We only have parliament because people broke laws or would you rather us all be obedient to the royals?

No you said it's OK to break some laws...who decides which ones..? Is it just force of numbers? In which case those demonstrating against the community charge were in the minority...as opposed to the number of people who speed..once you've said it's OK to break laws then you put yourself on a sticky wicket..

If the law got the wrong info down then its their fault not the op's, he's had a lucky break I'd say. It is also worth remembering with any court case if they say your name is Paul & it's Peter so & so; then they cannot do you, as its wrong info anyway.

My point is should you really be driving if you don't know the speed limit of the area you're in...my other point,as you probably know, is that if you broke any law would you wait to be arrested etc or would you go straight to the police station and admit it?

You're assuming that I'm some law loving zealot, an extreme reaction to someone who just thinks that when caught out you should accept it's a fair cop.

There are many laws. If I stabbed someone to death in a rage then I'd be down the local nick to hand myself in. If I unconsciously went over the limit in an area with no signs then no.

You're obviously trying to 'expose' me as some outrageous hypocrite. Tiresome as you are not The Sun and I'm not some MP with my pants down. I represent the majority who are not pure but not wrigglers either.

And your point is?

I was in the middle of nowhere going 7mph over the limit on a deserted road. When I found out I'd been spotted by a camera I thought "I'll drive a lower speed in such unsigned areas in future".

I may have broken other laws but not having total recall of my entire life I can't recall any.

So prior to getting 'your' ticket, which you 'got off with' (somehow....I can't see any police officer in such a clear-cut case saying "Oh you're a good lad, don't bother paying the fine"...to me that's just utterly bizarre)..but anyway, I digress, you were not concerned about speeding?

Yes I know I'm nit-picking somewhat, but the principle is there for all to see.

But now your a reformed character.

No you said it's OK to break some laws...who decides which ones..? Is it just force of numbers? In which case those demonstrating against the community charge were in the minority...as opposed to the number of people who speed..once you've said it's OK to break laws then you put yourself on a sticky wicket..

You should already know the answer to this. Yes it is force of numbers. The majority of the nation rejected the poll tax so Major realised HMG had overstepped the mark and scrapped it. All other laws are obeyed by the majority so they stay. You see not paying the poll tax didn't kill anyone. Simple really.

So prior to getting 'your' ticket, which you 'got off with' (somehow....I can't see any police officer in such a clear-cut case saying "Oh you're a good lad, don't bother paying the fine"...to me that's just utterly bizarre)..but anyway, I digress, you were not concerned about speeding?

Yes I know I'm nit-picking somewhat, but the principle is there for all to see.

But now your a reformed character.

You know perfectly well there is a difference between being slightly over in a remote area and speeding down the high street sending pedestrians scattering.

If you think SYP policy is bizarre then go to them, not my problem.

Yes I learned a lesson, that's the point of the law. I've never claimed to be a puritan.

You know perfectly well there is a difference between being slightly over in a remote area and speeding down the high street sending pedestrians scattering.

If you think SYP policy is bizarre then go to them, not my problem.

Yes I learned a lesson, that's the point of the law. I've never claimed to be a puritan.

So do you not think the OP probably learned a lesson too? He parked on zig-zags late at night and got caught. But luckily for him got off with it, on a technicality. Do you think he will do the same thing again? Just because he escaped previously? Obviously I can't speak for him, but I suspect the answer would be that no, he won't be doing it again! So whether he paid the fine or not the effect is the same!

Archived