My Driving Offence court case Dropped due to Incorrect Info on Ticket

I say you should have taken your punishment like a responsible adult. However I accept that in the UK people generally resent traffic laws and will go to great lengths to avoid following them.

I say fine, let's drop all road laws and become a third world country with scrapheap cars all over the place doing what they want. Fist fights can be used to sort out disputes as insurance is a boring way to spend money too. There will of course be a substantial rise in road deaths from this but that's the price we will pay to lose all these irritating rules.

What nonsense!

Lets employ more intelligent plods!..That's the answer

What nonsense!

Lets employ more intelligent plods!..That's the answer

Is it nonsense that the OP knew s/he'd done wrong but wanted to get away with it anyway?

Is it nonsense that most people hate traffic laws and would love to see most/all abolished? Not judging by the millions of moans I've heard over the years.

More intelligent plods is a ridiculous 'answer'. Doctors make mistakes, so do politicians, judges, scientists etc, let's employ more intelligent ones!

Yes the OP admitted he had comitted an offence.

it's not his fault that the 'plod' couldn't read correctly and get the details on ticket correct.

It's also not his fault that, as he elected to go to gourt, that the CPS dropped the case!

But your assertion that we drop all laws for everything is absurd and quite ridiculous.

it's not his fault that the 'plod' couldn't read correctly and get the details on ticket correct.

It's also not his fault that, as he elected to go to gourt, that the CPS dropped the case!

But your assertion that we drop all laws for everything is absurd and quite ridiculous.

A literalist. You must realize I don't seriously suggest all traffic laws be dropped? If it were up to me there would be more. I'm referring to the millions of tap room barristers I've heard over the years spouting on this subject and ultimately wanting traffic laws to be toothless or non existent.

No it's not the OP's fault the plod messed up the ticket but it is the OP's fault if s/he has weak morals. Simple as that.

No, it's not his fault that the case could not be prosecuted. But that isn't what I asked; I asked why he didn't pay the fine, since he knew he was guilty.

No, it's not his fault that the case could not be prosecuted. But that isn't what I asked; I asked why he didn't pay the fine, since he knew he was guilty.

I suppose if you commited some minor traffic offence at 11:30 at night you'd fall over yourself to pay up straight away?

Say yes and know you're lying!

Archived