My Driving Offence court case Dropped due to Incorrect Info on Ticket

No, it's not his fault that the case could not be prosecuted. But that isn't what I asked; I asked why he didn't pay the fine, since he knew he was guilty.

Because he wasn't issued with a fine. He elected to go to court, as is his right. He's innocent until proven guilty by a court.

Because he wasn't issued with a fine.

I think you'll find that he was. Driving offences of this nature are dealt with by sending out a letter asking the offender to pay up, or else contest the charge. He has chosen to contest the charge, despite knowing and openly admitting that he was guilty of it.

My question stands; why has he done so?

I think you'll find that he was. Driving offences of this nature are dealt with by sending out a letter asking the offender to pay up, or else contest the charge. He has chosen to contest the charge, despite knowing and openly admitting that he was guilty of it.

Why not? If you're issued with a Penalty Charge Notice you can appear in court to argue your side of the case, that's your right. Then the court may or may not issue a fine.

If a police officer is too incompetent to correctly record the details for a simple motoring offence, why do we pay them over £25,000 a year?

Why not indeed! You make it sound like the OP is the root of all evil. Nobody is pleased or in any hurry to pay a traffic fine. Or are you saying you're the exception to the rule?

So are you saying you would fall over yourself to pay up?

I'd pay it yes because I'd know I'd been caught out, no I wouldn't 'fall over myself' to pay it with glee.

The more people who lose the basic morality of life the more we slip down the league tables of successful nations. The more corrupt everyone is the more we become a banana republic.

I'd pay it yes because I'd know I'd been caught out, no I wouldn't 'fall over myself' to pay it with glee.

The more people who lose the basic morality of life the more we slip down the league tables of successful nations. The more corrupt everyone is the more we become a banana republic.

He wasn't caught out though, he got away with it & didn't have to pay anything, because the police couldn't do their job properly.

I assume you've never comitted any traffic offence?

I got flashed by a gatso near Barnsley while speeding down a country road. South Yorks police asked me to admit it was me which I did. They then sent me a letter of road death stats and told me not to do it again. No I don't claim to be morally pure but I do take my punishment like a man.

Is not an answer, merely phrasing the question a different way.

Since the OP is not here just now, I cannot answer your question, merely speculate and offer my opinion.

He did nothing I wouldn't do. Simple as!

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but tell the bankers about that!

Archived