My Driving Offence court case Dropped due to Incorrect Info on Ticket

He wasn't caught out though, he got away with it & didn't have to pay anything, because the police couldn't do their job properly.

Which still doesn't answer the question I asked. He was guilty; he knows he was guilty; he openly admits he was guilty; why has he chosen not to pay?

Because he wasn't issued with a fine. He elected to go to court, as is his right. He's innocent until proven guilty by a court.

The letter of the law but not the spirit of the law. Right over rights any day. When people put their feet on seats on buses, sit there swearing and blasting out music their response to being told not to is:

"there's no law against it, I can do what I want"

And they're right, in a brain dead way yes.

Why not? If you're issued with a Penalty Charge Notice you can appear in court to argue your side of the case, that's your right. Then the court may or may not issue a fine.

If a police officer is too incompetent to correctly record the details for a simple motoring offence, why do we pay them over £25,000 a year?

A childish response.

Copper makes mistake! Shock horror!

You know all people do at some point or other so your 'point' is irrelevant. You know perfectly well why they are paid what they are.

I got flashed by a gatso near Barnsley while speeding down a country road. South Yorks police asked me to admit it was me which I did. They then sent me a letter of road death stats and told me not to do it again. No I don't claim to be morally pure but I do take my punishment like a man.

Very noble! You got away with it too! Except in my eyes, speeding is a far more serious offence!

You should have wrote back and said..."No...no..no...I'm guilty so I'll pay the fine and accept the points or ban!"

Which still doesn't answer the question I asked. He was guilty; he knows he was guilty; he openly admits he was guilty; why has he chosen not to pay?

Because he didn't have to. Why do you think he has some moral duty to pay the state when they can't even get basic facts like his name right? Do you park on a double yellow & then send your donation in anyway if you don't get a ticket?

He wasn't caught out though, he got away with it & didn't have to pay anything, because the police couldn't do their job properly.

He was caught out initially because he was witnessed and ticketed. In his own mind as he stated himself he knew he'd done wrong. He then chose to wriggle out of it.

Before the hysterics begin that the OP is classed as the root of all evil, that is not the argument. The argument is that he chose to be weak and avoid punishment like a naughty child.

Very noble! You got away with it too! Except in my eyes, speeding is a far more serious offence!

You should have wrote back and said..."No...no..no...I'm guilty so I'll pay the fine and accept the points or ban!"

Yes I could have been a martyr and whipped myself for being several miles over on a deserted country road. I was expecting to pay up but since my record is clean at the age of 36 they obviously decided I wasn't a habitual law breaker.

He was caught out initially because he was witnessed and ticketed. In his own mind as he stated himself he knew he'd done wrong. He then chose to wriggle out of it.

Before the hysterics begin that the OP is classed as the root of all evil, that is not the argument. The argument is that he chose to be weak and avoid punishment like a naughty child.

He didn't avoid anything. He gave them his details, he chose to go to court, they chose not to turn up to contest it. He knew he'd done wrong when he parked illegally by the sound of it, are you saying you've never done that? Did you send your fine in the absence of any valid ticket?

Because he didn't have to. Why do you think he has some moral duty to pay the state when they can't even get basic facts like his name right? Do you park on a double yellow & then send your donation in anyway if you don't get a ticket?

Because he does have a moral duty to do that. How old are you by the way?

Because 'the state' (are you a conspiracy theorist?) got the date wrong is irrelevant, mistakes are made daily across the world as you know.

Archived