My Driving Offence court case Dropped due to Incorrect Info on Ticket

So having being eyeballed by PC Plod, never mind CCTV he didn't do it because some details on a piece of paper were wrong? You are obviously a philosopher too.

I've already said if I was caught out and knew it I'd pay, I wouldn't say "ha ha you can't touch me because you got my address wrong!"

That's how I'd expect a 12 year old to react.

But you've already said earlier that you DID get caught out, yet you didn't pay!

Yes i did commit a minor traffic offence

Yes i was guilty ,and ive openly admitted that ,and never tried to deny my guilt,but i chose the route i did because technically i DIDNT commit the offence

Technically you did commit the offence. Morally you did commit the offence. Legally you did commit the offence.

The officers' ****-ups mean only that the offence cannot be properly prosecuted. They do not mean that you haven't committed it.

What on earth has someones age got to do with the subject being discussed?

Don't be obtuse, you know perfectly well what it has to do with it. I don't know what your style is like elsewhere on the forum but your argument here is juvenile.

Yes i did commit a minor traffic offence

Yes i was guilty ,and ive openly admitted that ,and never tried to deny my guilt,but i chose the route i did because technically i DIDNT commit the offence as the police put the WRONG NAME ,wrong address and wrong make of vehicle on the penalty ticket. So how can someone be prosecuted for an offence when the prosecution is actually against someone with a different name. ?

A technicality yes ,but a fundamental one which was at the core of the prosecution. If the police cannot get simple details correct when copying them from a driving license then they have no one to blame but themselves if someone uses a technicality to get the case thrown out .

Technicality. How many guilty people have rejoiced at that word?

I don't think you're the devil himself as your defenders hysterically claim but I'd say you're taking the urine.

But you've already said earlier that you DID get caught out, yet you didn't pay!

Pay what? Should I have said

"Sergeant, in the absence of a ticket I enclose a cheque for £60, please fill in the payable to section yourself.

Regards

Mr Prime"?

Your morality is truly astouding! You should be a banker!

A wriggler.

Your idea of morality is fascinating and would go down well in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I'm the one saying I'd pay the ticket while you're the one arguing every possible angle till you're exhausted as to why the OP should not even though he knows he's guilty!

A wriggler.

Your idea of morality is fascinating and would go down well in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I'm the one saying I'd pay the ticket while you're the one arguing every possible angle till you're exhausted as to why the OP should not even though he knows he's guilty!

yes but you knew you were guilty too. You didn't pay a fine!

Oh, and by the way you can check back on all my previous posts, If you've got the stamina, and don't get bored too quickly.

I'm definitely NOT juvenile, and age is on my side!

yes but you knew you were guilty too. You didn't pay a fine!

Oh, and by the way you can check back on all my previous posts, If you've got the stamina, and don't get bored too quickly.

I'm definitely NOT juvenile, and age is on my side!

Fine, I don't presume that just because I disagree with you on here you are my polar opposite elsewhere.

In my opinion your argument is juvenile but that's just my umble opinion.

I didn't know I was guilty until I got the letter and was ready to pay the fine. I was living in London at the time and could easily have binned the letter knowing I'd never be found. However my basic everyman (or so I thought) morality meant I accepted it was me and waited for the fine. But as there was no fine I could not pay one. I refer you to my earlier hypothetical cheque sent to the sergeant who sent the letter.

Archived