My Driving Offence court case Dropped due to Incorrect Info on Ticket

The details presumably were taken directly from the guys driving license!....That's not lying! :huh:

I wasn't having a go at the op I was saying surely anyone with an ounce of intelligence could get out of any fine by lying-I didn't know they were copied from the licence!

I wasn't having a go at the op I was saying surely anyone with an ounce of intelligence could get out of any fine by lying-I didn't know they were copied from the licence!

Hahaha. I knew 'you' weren't having a go. Unlike some of the other 'saints' on here. Who feel it's their moral duty to cough up the fine regardless of circumstances.

Basically, at some point in time, if you're a driver, you will break the law. Even if it's inadvertantly. Anyone who trys to assert that they don't is a liar. What does it matter if one person gets away with paying a fine occasionally, due to the ineptitude of a copper, who couldn't copy details from a driving license?

Hahaha. I knew 'you' weren't having a go. Unlike some of the other 'saints' on here. Who feel it's their moral duty to cough up the fine regardless of circumstances.

Basically, at some point in time, if you're a driver, you will break the law. Even if it's inadvertantly. Anyone who trys to assert that they don't is a liar. What does it matter if one person gets away with paying a fine occasionally, due to the ineptitude of a copper, who couldn't copy details from a driving license?

Ah, more hyperbole.

Those of us who think the OP is wrong obviously see ourselves as saints. Yes, of course we do. We 'trip over ourselves' to pay up. I think those of us who see the OP as wrong are simply normal honest people surprised that adults have a teenage attitude to road rules. This is not some noble fight against the poll tax or 'the state'.

What does it matter if one person? Times that by a few thousand per year. Try thinking beyond the next five minutes and the next five metres, think of the bigger picture.

Ah, more hyperbole.

Those of us who think the OP is wrong obviously see ourselves as saints. Yes, of course we do. We 'trip over ourselves' to pay up. I think those of us who see the OP as wrong are simply normal honest people surprised that adults have a teenage attitude to road rules. This is not some noble fight against the poll tax or 'the state'.

What does it matter if one person? Times that by a few thousand per year. Try thinking beyond the next five minutes and the next five metres, think of the bigger picture.

Oh you're back again!

You do seem to have an obsession about juvenility.

What does it matter if one person? Are there likely to be a few thousand a year? Are all of the police going to suddenly develop ineptitude in making accurate notes? I think probably not.

So all of you who think the OP was wrong think that me and anyone else who doesn't subscribe to your 'slant' on things is "dishonest and not normal". (being the opposite of your claim of yourself)

If that's the case then so be it!

Oh you're back again!

You do seem to have an obsession about juvenility.

What does it matter if one person? Are there likely to be a few thousand a year? Are all of the police going to suddenly develop ineptitude in making accurate notes? I think probably not.

So all of you who think the OP was wrong think that me and anyone else who doesn't subscribe to your 'slant' on things is "dishonest and not normal". (being the opposite of your claim of yourself)

If that's the case then so be it!

You really only see things from your point of view don't you? You say "you're back again" yet it doesn't cross your mind that you are 'back again' before me.

Of course there are likely to be thousands a year, do you believe that everyone obediently pays their tickets even when the details are perfect?

To be frank I don't know what's normal anymore, perhaps the majority think that laws are only worth obeying when caught out. If this is the case we will slip further down the scale. Look at Greece and Italy with their desperation to avoid laws, taxes and "do it tomorrow attitude". Then look at Germany and Sweden which don't. Which countries would you rather we follow en masse?

You really only see things from your point of view don't you? You say "you're back again" yet it doesn't cross your mind that you are 'back again' before me.

Of course there are likely to be thousands a year, do you believe that everyone obediently pays their tickets even when the details are perfect?

To be frank I don't know what's normal anymore, perhaps the majority think that laws are only worth obeying when caught out. If this is the case we will slip further down the scale. Look at Greece and Italy with their desperation to avoid laws, taxes and "do it tomorrow attitude". Then look at Germany and Sweden which don't. Which countries would you rather we follow en masse?

I really don't see the point you are trying to make in your first paragraph.!

Of course there will be thousands of people who won't pay their tickets, or choose to go to court to contest them. Do YOU seriously believe the every motoring ticket ever issued is fair and just? But that's for the judiciary to sort out.

Now you seem to be escalating the issue into a global phenomenon, and quoting world issues.

It was a minor traffic offence that didn't get to court. Not some kind of global conspiracy!

Archived