Live music for littluns in Sheffield

dondada

I'm not really a huge fan of live music, mainly because I've turned into a boring, old man. It's me, not the music.

However, my little girl (she's only 6) seems absolutely mad for it. It's one of the few things she seems interested in. Most live music gigs seem, understandably, to be in pubs or nightclubs.

Are there any child-friendly environments where I could take her to see some live music? Any help appreciated.

I can't think of anything regular but the most obvious thing that comes to mind is the weekend after next:

http://www.tramlines.org.uk/

There is stuff going on all over the city, some of it is in pubs and clubs but there are a lot of outside stages, its all free, there is even music on free busses so there should be plenty of stuff for you to listen to with the little un'.

Whirlow Hall Farm is having their farm fayre in September, and they're having an acoustic tent with live acts. That could be good for her? Lots of other farmy-type stuff and other parts of the show too. 16th September from memory.

That's lovely. I have a close friend whose daughter is obsessed with live music. She takes her to all sorts of festivals. It's quite unusual at that age, but something which is a really lovely thing for them both to do together.

Whirlow Hall Farm is having their farm fayre in September, and they're having an acoustic tent with live acts. That could be good for her? Lots of other farmy-type stuff and other parts of the show too. 16th September from memory.

It's in the Diary! Thanks!

That's lovely. I have a close friend whose daughter is obsessed with live music. She takes her to all sorts of festivals. It's quite unusual at that age, but something which is a really lovely thing for them both to do together.

I thought my festival days were over...seems like they're just beginning. But if she thinks I'm camping out in a sea of mud, she's got another thing coming ;)

I'd love to be able to set up something for younger people, problem is most venues only want people over a certain age attending. If anyone knows of any venues that would be interested in putting some family friendly gigs on i'd be very interested to hear from them :).

I am currently working alongside social enterprise Young Music to try and set up some all ages gigs so keep an eye on http://www.youngmusic.co.uk, hopefully we'll have some set up soon.

Archived