Live music for littluns in Sheffield

dondada

I thought my festival days were over...seems like they're just beginning. But if she thinks I'm camping out in a sea of mud, she's got another thing coming ;)

My mate, took her to Glastonbury. The daughter often tells me about how she was looking forward to seeing Bob Dylan (again), but that, they and their belongings got so drenched in mud, that she was dumped in a wheelbarrow (the only thing her mother could find - weirdly!) and pushed about in that, whereupon she fell asleep, and missed Bob.

This girl is six!!!!!! They just saw him in Kent the other weekend. Cracks me up!

I thought my festival days were over...seems like they're just beginning. But if she thinks I'm camping out in a sea of mud, she's got another thing coming ;)

I suspect you're like me - if my little girl liked something, I'd do it for her! I think it's awesome that you're doing stuff like this for her. :)

i cant remember the last time i took my kids to see live music, i suppose you are right that there isnt enough around for kids. i usually picture discos at youth centres, or arts and crafts. i would be tempted to take our kids to a festival that i felt was safe and suitable.

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested in taking their kids to a gig. Social enterprise Young Music (which aims to support young bands and artists) is running an all ages family gig on the 7th October at Sheffield Wednesday FC in their 1867 suite. Tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for children (under 16). This will feature some of the best upcoming pop acts including Sheffield band Sour Cherry. The event will start at 1pm.

For those more into rock we're also running an all ages rock gig featuring local rock and indie bands on the 5th October again at Sheffield Wednesday FC in their 1867 suite. This however will be an evening gig starting from 6.30pm so may be less suited to those with younger children (although they are still welcome to come along if they don't mind stopping up late). Again tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for children (under 16).

More information including full lineups will be added to http://www.youngmusic.co.uk shortly. Sorry for the blatant advertising, i just didn't want those after taking kids to gigs to miss out that's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Whirlow Hall Farm seem to have Jazz on Sundays, i think it's every 2 weeks? If she's interested in music-making, or classical concerts for little ones there's a group called Music in the Round (I'd post a link but because I'm new to the forum I'm not allowed ha) that do concerts and workshops specifically for little ones. As far as I'm aware they're usually very cheap too :)

Thanks - the Whirlow one on Sunday is in the diary...I'll have to find out if we can just roll up or have to buy beforehand :thumbsup:

You can just turn up next week :)

Adults have to pay but kids are free. :)

10am to 4pm (we're playing at 3.30pm ;))

If you are looking for some live music and singing you can try the Abbey Pub on Woodseats at Christmas. They have Wide Partin' Martin back on Saturday December 1st. He sings Christmas carols and gets the whole pub involved. It very much a family event and everyone has to wear silly hats. Its a great family evening out

Archived