Great Yorkshire Show CANCELLED

It as just been annoucned that the great yorkshire show (Harrogate) as been cancelled after today due to wet car parks.

This as just been announced on callander news

Any one with advance tickets will get a refund (the web site hasnt been changed yet)

MODS : Have put this in this section to get to as many people as possible, as I know a lot of peopel travel there

Look North were saying that it's the first time it's been cancelled in it's 150 odd year history.

Dont think thats correct it was cancelled for foot and mouth , think its first time its been cancelled for weather and first time the first day as gone ahead but rest cancelled .

Dont think thats correct it was cancelled for foot and mouth , think its first time its been cancelled for weather and first time the first day as gone ahead but rest cancelled .

Edited my post bus man after reading the Guardian link you posted, You're spot on as per.

"The cancellation is the first caused by weather in the show's 154-year history, although the Second World War and the 2001 foot and mouth epidemic led to previous closures".

Yeah..............

Anyway, this will be costing the organisers and associated industries thousands and it's far from an isolated cancellation, there have been stacks. I dread to think how many companies could go bust this summer. It's tragic.

It's insure so only loser are the insurance company

Archived