Mortgage product fees

my current fixed rate mortgage has come to an end. I spoke to my mortgage lender about remortgaging on a fixed rate for 5 years but they want me to pay a product fee of £1k I think this is ridiculous bearing in mind I am already one of their customers and have always paid my mortgage on time and am pledging my money to them for another 5 years. Has anyone had any success in getting mortgage product fees waivered or at least reduced?

Cheers

my current fixed rate mortgage has come to an end. I spoke to my mortgage lender about remortgaging on a fixed rate for 5 years but they want me to pay a product fee of £1k I think this is ridiculous bearing in mind I am already one of their customers and have always paid my mortgage on time and am pledging my money to them for another 5 years. Has anyone had any success in getting mortgage product fees waivered or at least reduced?

Cheers

It's unlikely. Have you spoken to an independent mortgage broker to see if there are better deals available elsewhere? Sometimes it works out better to pay the fee to access a lower interest rate.

What is the standard variable rate in comparison to the fixed? Is the 1k fee more than the interest difference over the 5 years? That's the only way I'd stack it up.

If the SVR is linked to BoE base rate, you'll more than likely be fine for a year or so.

Archived